Gurley Suspended Indefinitely

RomanEmpire

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense, the NCAA seems less efficient and staffed now. They need change from the top.

Agreed. The sooner the better. I wouldn't mind seeing it done away with and the conferences policing themselves.

I could have sworn I read something saying that the school suspended him and now I can't find that wording. I can't find wording that the NCAA suspended him either. Just wording saying he is suspended. :lol2:

Same sort of thing that Johnny Football got a 1/2-game suspension for from the Association?

From the article I linked.

Former Texas A&M star Johnny Manziel was investigated before the 2013 season when reports surfaced that he had received money for signing autographs. The NCAA reached an agreement with the school for Manziel to sit out the first half of the opening game against Rice, with no finding that the player did anything wrong.

I'm more of a black and white guy and agree with this. If your going 2 mph over you are speeding. The NCAA is a mess as we all know, creating case-by-case situations, is completely unfair as it will show favoritism and leniency toward some and not others.

But the fines for speeding go up, the faster you go the higher the fine! 2 MPH over equals no traffic stop or a warning ticket.

Different levels here also...should a kid getting a Happy Meal from a fan be treated the same as a player getting $30K under the table?

But the fines for speeding go up' date=' the faster you go the higher the fine! 2 MPH over equals no traffic stop or a warning ticket. Different levels here also...should a kid getting a Happy Meal from a fan be treated the same as a player getting $30K under the table?[/quote']

If you open a window or scale for players to get paid, they will abuse it and it becomes 1 big mess, what we have going on now.