UL ranked #5 but a 4seed?????

jericho

I've said for awhile that it has nothing to do with UK. I am not complaining about UK's seed, shoot I'm happy they even got in. Show me in the post where I even mentioned UK! I didn't yet you come in here running your trap as if you even have a clue what we are talking about.

Now that maybe you have realized what an idiotic comment you made about UK when replying to me when I wasn't even talking about UK, you go on and talk about Pitt and the teams they lost to. What good does that do for Pitt? They lost!!!!! IF they won then you could talk, but seeing how they lost you can't. Are you going to talk about the "quality losses" Uk has against Mich St. or UNC etc? Seriously? They lost.

So please try and respond to the post itself, not made up crap you claim I've said.

Here, I will make this as simple as possible for you to try and follow and keep up. UK is in the tournament yet they didn't even finish in the top 25. Pitt and NC State also didn't finish in the top 25 in either the AP or Coaches poll yet SMU did finish in the top 25 in both polls yet they aren't in but Pitt and NC State are in and you can include UK in that also to make you happy since you totally missed the point of my last posts. Do you get it yet?

Really cool rant, but it's actually you that missed the entire point. Man, you are all about the conspiricies.. This was the key phrase, you airballed it. I simply used Pitt as a sample set with a resume honestly similar to UK's, they actually played in a a better conference, and while they didn't have many wins OOC vs quality opponents, neither did UK. Much as you did in the BGP viral thread you started last week on Duke and all the conspiracy stuff, you clearly have such a hatred for all things loosely tied to the Blue Devils you automatically default to the conspiracy thing. Hint: there is none. Pitt belongs as much as UK does, which I truly thinks deserves to be there, hell I picked them to got to the sweet 16. As for your comment about SMU and it's spot in polls, really doesn't even deserve a reply, as it kind of outs you as being someone exactly as you accuse me, of knowing zero about the process. Polls are irrelevant. Polls are done by writers who only see the fiuff, and therefore hold no weight as they generally only go by W-L record. SMU had the 303rd SOS in the country. That's 303. With a three hundred. No way they deserve a spot, especially since they played nobody OOC, and clearly the committee was not a believer in the AAC, as evidenced by the seed that Louisville got. And yes, losses do come into play. There is such a thing a "quality loss" and the committee takes is into account.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They beat Tennessee by 9, which is not really a blow out. A blow out is something like a 35 point win, which is how bad Tennessee beat Virginia. Wichita St. also beat Alabama by 5.

You are correct. My bad, but you cannot play the transitive property game like that, that doesn't end well even for Florida. My comments were not as much about the spreads as they were that WSU has actually beaten 4 (3.5) tourney teams.

Here's my take on the UL seed.....if you don't think Coach Pitino is milking this (perceived slight) for all it's worth, then you've got another think coming. The motivational value of the 4 line probably offsets the competitive advantage of a 2 or 3 seed. Rick is a master motivator come March.

Im by far not a UL fan, but can someone speculate on why they got a #4 seed when they are ranked #5 in the country?

Has anyone from the selection committee explained the reason for the #4 seed?

I don't know if anyone from the selection committee explained it, but from what I understand it has to do with the strength of the conference from top to bottom. There was such a big gap between the top 5 teams in the conference and the bottom 5 teams in the conference, it affected how all of the teams in the AAC that got a bid were seeded.

I don't know if anyone from the selection committee explained it, but from what I understand it has to do with the strength of the conference from top to bottom. There was such a big gap between the top 5 teams in the conference and the bottom 5 teams in the conference, it affected how all of the teams in the AAC that got a bid were seeded.

I heard something like that. Also a reason why UK was an 8 seed - sucky basketball conference, especially the bottom half.

That seems illogical to me. How is one team suppose to be able to control the level of play of other teams in their conference that they have to play?:idunno:

I heard something like that. Also a reason why UK was an 8 seed - sucky basketball conference, especially the bottom half.

Then I think they should be rewarded for still having such a high Strength of Schedule due to their OOC schedule, instead of punishing for something they can't control. Majority of the conference sucks, so they go out and schedule tougher games like the committee says they want them to do.

Then I think they should be rewarded for still having such a high Strength of Schedule due to their OOC schedule, instead of punishing for something they can't control. Majority of the conference sucks, so they go out and schedule tougher games like the committee says they want them to do.

But you have to win those games when you schedule them. You get some cred just for playing them, but not as much of course if you win. UK had one quality win OOC vs Ville, and Cards had none. I think both schools got hosed, but honestly got decent draws to sweet 16.

If I was the Dictator of Basketball I would have made UK a 6 seed or at MTGL said, maybe a 7. UL would have been a 2 seed.

But at the end of the day, if you're evaluating the overall body of work, UK had maybe 3 wins that are worth a nickel (UL, UT, Providence). And UL isn't much better, since it took them until mid January to get a win worth writing home about (at UCONN). They end up beating UCONN three times & the road win against UC. That's it.