Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky has now lost 2 of the top 3 players in the state with the loss of Eli and Braxton.

Goodin was my favorite for KY Mr Basketball, regardless, but I don't see how he doesn't get it now with the loss of those two to out of state schools.

Also disappointed I won't get to see a Goodin v Wright matchup in December when I go to North Laurel for the Legacy Nissan Classic.

Kentucky has now lost 2 of the top 3 players in the state with the loss of Eli and Braxton.

Goodin was my favorite for KY Mr Basketball, regardless, but I don't see how he doesn't get it now with the loss of those two to out of state schools.

Also disappointed I won't get to see a Goodin v Wright matchup in December when I go to North Laurel for the Legacy Nissan Classic.

Yeah,,as I recall you were responsible for getting that matchup put together..

Don't sleep on Carson Williams.

Don't sleep on Carson Williams.

PP2 = Carson's biggest groupie :)

In all seriousness, Carson will have enough exposure this year to likely make it a two man race between he and Goodin...BIG FAN of C-Dub and how he plays but I like Q a little more.

Good question, but I suspect they have need based financial aid much like the Trinity and St X private schools in KY provide. Many private schools that have high price tags end up with kids who cannot afford to pay the tuition that still attend. Ironically these kids which end up with the financial aid packages all seem to excel in sports and enhance the private schools competitiveness in their chosen sport.

I do not disagree, but the same could be said for so many kids who have ended up at private schools which come with a hefty tag. That tag at IMG is really high though for sure.

How can he afford this? If it's free he is now a professional IMO.

From IMG website:

Standard tuition for one year of boarding at IMG Academy is $68,500 plus a team sport competition and training gear fee that ranges from $3,750-$4,250 depending on the sport. A single semester costs $39,400.Apr 24, 2014

Why does it matter? He's bettering himself and his situation.