Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)

Featured Replies

Eli tweeted this, if it's any indication of his plans:

IMG.JPG

  • Replies 91
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet another tough loss for Kentucky high school hoops smh

Kentucky has now lost 2 of the top 3 players in the state with the loss of Eli and Braxton.

 

Goodin was my favorite for KY Mr Basketball, regardless, but I don't see how he doesn't get it now with the loss of those two to out of state schools.

 

Also disappointed I won't get to see a Goodin v Wright matchup in December when I go to North Laurel for the Legacy Nissan Classic.

Kentucky has now lost 2 of the top 3 players in the state with the loss of Eli and Braxton.

 

Goodin was my favorite for KY Mr Basketball, regardless, but I don't see how he doesn't get it now with the loss of those two to out of state schools.

 

Also disappointed I won't get to see a Goodin v Wright matchup in December when I go to North Laurel for the Legacy Nissan Classic.

Yeah,,as I recall you were responsible for getting that matchup put together..

Kentucky has now lost 2 of the top 3 players in the state with the loss of Eli and Braxton.

 

Goodin was my favorite for KY Mr Basketball, regardless, but I don't see how he doesn't get it now with the loss of those two to out of state schools.

 

Also disappointed I won't get to see a Goodin v Wright matchup in December when I go to North Laurel for the Legacy Nissan Classic.

 

Don't sleep on Carson Williams.

Don't sleep on Carson Williams.

 

PP2 = Carson's biggest groupie :)

 

In all seriousness, Carson will have enough exposure this year to likely make it a two man race between he and Goodin...BIG FAN of C-Dub and how he plays but I like Q a little more.

How can he afford this? If it's free he is now a professional IMO.

From IMG website:

Standard tuition for one year of boarding at IMG Academy is $68,500 plus a team sport competition and training gear fee that ranges from $3,750-$4,250 depending on the sport. A single semester costs $39,400.Apr 24, 2014

Good question, but I suspect they have need based financial aid much like the Trinity and St X private schools in KY provide. Many private schools that have high price tags end up with kids who cannot afford to pay the tuition that still attend. Ironically these kids which end up with the financial aid packages all seem to excel in sports and enhance the private schools competitiveness in their chosen sport.

 

I do not disagree, but the same could be said for so many kids who have ended up at private schools which come with a hefty tag. That tag at IMG is really high though for sure.

How can he afford this? If it's free he is now a professional IMO.

From IMG website:

Standard tuition for one year of boarding at IMG Academy is $68,500 plus a team sport competition and training gear fee that ranges from $3,750-$4,250 depending on the sport. A single semester costs $39,400.Apr 24, 2014

 

 

Why does it matter? He's bettering himself and his situation.

Once again…welome to AAU basketball.

 

He's far from the first person from the state to leave for a prep school. Rondo and D'Angelo Russell immediately come to mind.

Once again…welome to AAU basketball.

 

 

Someone may have a personal axe to grind. Was Apollo scheduled to be in the KOB this upcoming season?

Yes, Apollo is in and they are still going to be a good team. They won't be the first nor the last to loose a player scheduled to attend the KOB. My point is AAU teams are the worst thing to happen to high school basketball. The HS game may not exist, as it was 10 years ago, in the next 10 years…or sooner.

Question...is moving to prep schools really going to get these kids more exposure? What else will it help?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.