Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)

Featured Replies

So many BGP threads about individual players move in this direction; I can't speak for anyone else but I find it frustrating. It typically begins with a statement like "there's no question" or "it's not even close" and then descends into a limited-participation argument about Player 1 vs. Player 2 with an occasional Player 3 thrown in. I think everyone's entitled to an informed opinion and I'll admit I don't follow all these kids as closely as other BGPers do, but I find it hard to believe that any state has only one standout hoopster at any given time. Okay, maybe Rhode Island.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So many BGP threads about individual players move in this direction; I can't speak for anyone else but I find it frustrating. It typically begins with a statement like "there's no question" or "it's not even close" and then descends into a limited-participation argument about Player 1 vs. Player 2 with an occasional Player 3 thrown in. I think everyone's entitled to an informed opinion and I'll admit I don't follow all these kids as closely as other BGPers do, but I find it hard to believe that any state has only one standout hoopster at any given time. Okay, maybe Rhode Island.

 

Is this less offensive? It is my belief that Eli Wright is the best player in KY as it relates to his ability to have success in college at a high-level program. Maybe that will be less controversial and create less dialogue.

 

If you you have to be so guarded on a forum like this that you can't state an unequivocal opinion about a certain kid being the best player in the state, then sites such as these will get boring pretty quickly.

For those outside of WKY that would like an opportunity to see Wright play, Apollo's coach tweeted last night that they have accepted an invitation to play in the King of the Bluegrass.

 

If you want to see him play you may have to leave KY to see it. He's considering leaving Apollo to go to a prep school. It was on another thread where he stated it himself on video.

Is this less offensive? It is my belief that Eli Wright is the best player in KY as it relates to his ability to have success in college at a high-level program. Maybe that will be less controversial and create less dialogue.

 

If you you have to be so guarded on a forum like this that you can't state an unequivocal opinion about a certain kid being the best player in the state, then sites such as these will get boring pretty quickly.

 

I understand and respect what you're saying; different people have different ideas about what makes a good conversation. Some recent research on rhetoric suggests that your second approach -- known as the "friendly" or "inclusive" approach -- actually stimulates a broader dialogue with more potential participants, which is what I prefer in a live or online forum. Your initial approach -- traditionally known as the "disputational" approach -- typically initiates a more intense dialogue between fewer parties, and it's your right to enjoy that. BGPers have been known to use both approaches and the results, in my humble opinion, are rarely boring.

 

Sorry for the thread diversion, everyone. All done!

Gators offered

Gators offered

 

Not the same Gators though. I think the UCONN offer is the biggest "wow" right now.

I expect by the time the weekend is done, Eli will have at least 2-3 more major offers on the table. Its a big big weekend for him and i know he will rise to the occasion. Once that is done, i believe he will decide on a prep school. I do not expect him to return to Apollo, unfortunately.

I expect by the time the weekend is done, Eli will have at least 2-3 more major offers on the table. Its a big big weekend for him and i know he will rise to the occasion. Once that is done, i believe he will decide on a prep school. I do not expect him to return to Apollo, unfortunately.

 

He will not be at Apollo this season.

Visiting Miami (FL) this weekend.

Eli is taking his official visit to Wake Forest on Friday and Saturday.

 

Oops. He was originally going to Wake. That visit will come later. Miami this weekend is correct.

It seems that most scouting agencies would disagree with that assessment as well because Gooden is a 4 star recruit and Wright is only a 3 star recruit. I have seen both play and both will be great at the next level

 

Scouting agencies are never wrong.

There is some writing on the wall on twitter that Eli will attend Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. Unless something changes, it looks like this is the route Eli will go for his Senior season.

@DemanDeac · Aug 2

Eli Wright has tentatively scheduled an official visit with Wake Forest for August 21st.

@EvanDaniels · 14h14 hours ago

2016 guard Eli Wright will take an official visit to Florida on Wednesday, he tells Scout. Had a strong July playing with Hoop Dreams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.