Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way Perry Co. Central was in the KOB…they requested we let them out of thier contract. Ask the coaches at Apollo and PCC what the problem is, I have talked for hours with both since last March about what might happen. I am 71 years old and the word is LOYALTY…it has nothing to do with the KOB.

This is my last response.

By the way Perry Co. Central was in the KOB…they requested we let them out of thier contract. Ask the coaches at Apollo and PCC what the problem is, I have talked for hours with both since last March about what might happen. I am 71 years old and the word is LOYALTY…it has nothing to do with the KOB.

Too bad this is your last response. It sounds to me like you are mad you won't get to see Eli play in person, mad that you can't use his name to sell tickets, mad that he isn't doing what you think he should be doing. Either way, it still sounds selfish on your part. I'd LOVE to see him stay at Apollo and would love to see him play in KY this year but that's me being a selfish fan of KY high school basketball. His situation isn't about me. It's about him and his future and what he feels he needs to do to better his situation.

I hope he succeeds and that all of his dreams and wishes come true. From what I have heard from people who know him is that he is an outstanding kid. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Any coach that tries to talk a kid into something is being selfish.

I find most that go that route know it, and have no problem doing it because it furthers their situation. That said, the percentage that do is very, very small...

So the "AAU Culture" people complain so much about is often more about the selfishness of the person complaining than the kid trying to make the absolute most of their talent? Sounds about right...

For the record I want it stated for the record that my beef with the AAU culture lies with non-elite AAU culture. I have no beef with the elite level of AAU.

For the record I want it stated for the record that my beef with the AAU culture lies with non-elite AAU culture. I have no beef with the elite level of AAU.

Make no mistake, there are issues at both levels. The issues are often totally different, but they exist none the less.

I just get tired of the finger pointing by those that aren't ever around it first hand, and want to blame AAU ball exclusively when the reality is the talent and skill level has NEVER been higher in the US. Sometimes the talent level at the top is down, and sometimes it is way up. That has very little to do with what team a kid plays on in the spring and summer in the big picture...

It'sad, but in todays culture the word LOYALTY has long been forgotten.

• 4 months later...
You suspect correctly. Every major prep school offers scholarships.

Do you guys know anything about tuition assistance at the privates? You're talking garbage. You have no data, only fifth-hand baloney. Do some research and don't respond until you do. I'm talking chapter and verse.