Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)

Featured Replies

Since we've opened up the membership and are seeing an influx of posters from the Western Kentucky area, I was wondering if some of you could tell us more about Apollo's Eli Wright?

 

I really liked what I saw of him in the Republic Bank Classic. Really smooth.

 

For me, the mark of a player who has what it takes to make it at the next level, above all else, is their ability to "make it look easy". Though I've only seen a limited amount of Mr. Wright at work, I thought he did a good job of making it look easy.

 

Could those of you who've seen him play offer some in-depth analysis?

  • Replies 91
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Has Western Kentucky University made a formal offer yet or are they just showing strong interest?

Tennessee has offered.

I'm pretty sure WKU offered some time ago.

 

In my opinion, he has the highest upside of any KY kid in the class of 2016. Extremely explosive and a superior athlete. There's no way he's not a top 100 kid right now; likely a top 50. Interestingly, he appears to have a lot of room for improvement. And I see that as a positive. In other words, he's already the best kid in the KY class of 2016 yet hasn't come close to reaching his potential. No question that he's destined to be a high major player.

 

Regarding the making it look easy statement, I get where you are coming from. However, there are those high motor kids that play extremely hard and don't fit the "make it look easy" profile - yet they get to the next level because of their motor. A great poster child for that profile is former UK star MKG. And then there are those that make it look easy but just never "get it."

According to 247sports.com in addition to Tennessee, he has offers from Indiana, Mississippi St., N. Kentucky, Purdue, & W Kentucky.

Add Va Tech and K State.

  • Author

Wow. Kid is having some kind of summer.

 

I remember saying back in the 2015 vs 2016 thread that I'd like my chances with he and Goodin in this class and it sounds like Wright is going to shoot up some rankings lists at the pace he's piling up offers.

Current Offer List (no particular order):

Indiana

Purdue

Mississippi State

Northern Ky

Tennessee

Virginia Tech

Oklahoma State

UAB

Western Kentucky

Eastern Kentucky

Kansas State

 

I feel like I may have left a school or two out . Forgive me. It's been a hectic weekend.

 

There is a possibility of 5 or more offers coming in the next few days leading up to the next evaluation period. All high major.

I don't think that there's any question he will end up as the highest rated 2016 in the class (KY). His athleticism is (considerably) superior to anyone else in that discussion. Truly an elite level athlete.

 

Assuming he finishes his career in KY, he will likely be the highest rated (KY) prospect in some time.

I got to watch him play at Collins in June. He's an athletic specimen for sure. Best 2016 kid I've seen in KY.

For those outside of WKY that would like an opportunity to see Wright play, Apollo's coach tweeted last night that they have accepted an invitation to play in the King of the Bluegrass.

Clemson offered.

As Northstat said, best player in class of 2016.

Averaged 22 ppg and 7 rpg as a sophomore on a 20-6 team last season. Had a break out summer with the Hoop Dreams organization. Has an offer list that extends off the sheet. Smooth operator. Explosive and athletic. Despite all of the attention and accolades the kid receives, he is the most humble, life-loving, fun-to-be-around kid I've every met. It seems that none of the attention he is receiving is going to his head. Hope that never changes about Eli. Just felt like people need to know that about Eli...

Minnesota offered.

 

Maryland in soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.