Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)

Since we've opened up the membership and are seeing an influx of posters from the Western Kentucky area, I was wondering if some of you could tell us more about Apollo's Eli Wright?

I really liked what I saw of him in the Republic Bank Classic. Really smooth.

For me, the mark of a player who has what it takes to make it at the next level, above all else, is their ability to "make it look easy". Though I've only seen a limited amount of Mr. Wright at work, I thought he did a good job of making it look easy.

Could those of you who've seen him play offer some in-depth analysis?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I'm pretty sure WKU offered some time ago.

In my opinion, he has the highest upside of any KY kid in the class of 2016. Extremely explosive and a superior athlete. There's no way he's not a top 100 kid right now; likely a top 50. Interestingly, he appears to have a lot of room for improvement. And I see that as a positive. In other words, he's already the best kid in the KY class of 2016 yet hasn't come close to reaching his potential. No question that he's destined to be a high major player.

Regarding the making it look easy statement, I get where you are coming from. However, there are those high motor kids that play extremely hard and don't fit the "make it look easy" profile - yet they get to the next level because of their motor. A great poster child for that profile is former UK star MKG. And then there are those that make it look easy but just never "get it."

Wow. Kid is having some kind of summer.

I remember saying back in the 2015 vs 2016 thread that I'd like my chances with he and Goodin in this class and it sounds like Wright is going to shoot up some rankings lists at the pace he's piling up offers.

Current Offer List (no particular order):

Indiana

Purdue

Mississippi State

Northern Ky

Tennessee

Virginia Tech

Oklahoma State

UAB

Western Kentucky

Eastern Kentucky

Kansas State

I feel like I may have left a school or two out . Forgive me. It's been a hectic weekend.

There is a possibility of 5 or more offers coming in the next few days leading up to the next evaluation period. All high major.

I don't think that there's any question he will end up as the highest rated 2016 in the class (KY). His athleticism is (considerably) superior to anyone else in that discussion. Truly an elite level athlete.

Assuming he finishes his career in KY, he will likely be the highest rated (KY) prospect in some time.

• 2 months later...

Averaged 22 ppg and 7 rpg as a sophomore on a 20-6 team last season. Had a break out summer with the Hoop Dreams organization. Has an offer list that extends off the sheet. Smooth operator. Explosive and athletic. Despite all of the attention and accolades the kid receives, he is the most humble, life-loving, fun-to-be-around kid I've every met. It seems that none of the attention he is receiving is going to his head. Hope that never changes about Eli. Just felt like people need to know that about Eli...

• 1 month later...