Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take as a casual observer without a dog in the fight.

HHS is the most successful "medium-sized" school in the Commonwealth. It is what the team I follow would one day like to be. I've gone to a couple of HHS games just to watch the machine at work. As an enormously successful program (like most programs, to be truthful) it has its share of fans that border on the arrogant; although my observation is that the vast majority are humble and respectful - most are probably folks that I'd gladly treat to a brew or two.

But such success breeds - if not enmity - at least a sizable group that will revel in those few-and-far stumbles. Anyone with a lick of common sense can recognize that. Let those have their fun - my guess is that the Birds will be back with a vengeance.

And I do think that it's good for the game when an upstart knocks the king off the mountain once in a while. Keeps things fresh and gives others the realization that they're not always playing for second place.

Congrats to Collins on the win; and we will see HHS back on top soon enough.

Here's your exaggeration again. 6 state championships, 1 loss to a KY over how many years (and that cane in the state finals by the way), second most wins in the country and all of a sudden they are clueless. Funny!

It's one loss to a good team that executed a great game plan and took it to them yesterday. It's funny that one spends so much time bashing a program. It really is comical. Still think it was passing that did in the birds??? Ha ha ha Even their own fans say they ran all over them. Maybe I do know a little something. Hitting a few passes when a team is desperately trying to stop the run is not a "unstoppable passing game" that did the Birds in. They ran it down our throat!

Actually i don't spend much time bashing the team at all...there is where your exageration comes in. I actually pulled for HHS yesterday yet you have ignored those posts which isn't surprising. What I have bashed is just a couple fans (youself and another) who continue to ignore Collins was the better team this year, not just a better game plan, but they oputplayed HHS in all aspects yesterdaqy yet all you seem to want to do is downplay the obivous and claim they didn't pass the ball well when they really did etc.

I also predicted next year Highlands to be back on top in the 4A thread. That doesn't sound like someone wwho loves to bash Highlands. You mistake bashing a couple of their fans who have been obnoxiously arrogant in the past about the success of HHS and when the tables are turned you refuse to admit your wrong doing in the past and eat your crow.

So keep posting things like you just did, it makes me laugh. Keep p[osting also about too many teams in the playoffs in football, you may be right there, maybe to please you Highlands should of been left out of the playoffs and then we wouldn't of had to waste 3 hours of our lives yesterday watching them lose.

So please, do us all a favor and simply give credit where credit is due and know like the rest of us the best team won yesterday. Don't worry though, as I've said HHS will be back on top again before you can bat an eye and you can continue your kicking of other teams in the area like you did yesterday again after the Highlands loss, shows true class with your comments about Cooper etc. and never winning a title. Stay classsy RCC, maybe you could learn something from fans loike sweeperboy who showed true class in the face of defeat yesterday.

Parents should consider printing this thread and making their kids read it. It'd be a good lesson on how childish and ignorant people can be over something like a high school sporting event. A teachable moment on how not to behave. For adults it disgraceful, I've seen more maturity from my 20 month old grandson. :no:

Game of the decade!!!!!!!!! 2nd string QB has to come in because the starting QB for Collins had his helmet knocked off and had to sit out a play, so backup qb comes in for final play on 4th and 7 and throws a TD pass to win with 7 secs left!!!!!

OK that's just amazing!

12500 views. You're welcome Guru.

:D

I was thinking the same thing....

I was also thinking about how one penny could hold up a hundred dollar bill on this site.

This hundie has had just about enough and I got a feeling a whole bunch of others are feeling the same way.

And I don't want to hear about the whole ignore button thingy...:thumb:

Code Blue, Code Blue, Code Blue

I was also thinking about how one penny could hold up a hundred dollar bill on this site.

This hundie has had just about enough and I got a feeling a whole bunch of others are feeling the same way.

Have another serving of crow! :D

Then why the shot about basketball? Highlands cannot look forward to basketball is certainly what you were insinuating with your post. I have friends at NCC who have kids that play and just find it sad when fans get on here and make insulting posts about high school kids. I will ask again, should I get on here and rag the football team and other teams when they do not win up on the hill. Answer is no, I am bigger than that and value the friendships that I have.

And yes the sun did rise in the east today and life will go on for each and every kid that partcipated in those games yesterday at WKU.

Boy not only do you assume to read my mind you can read between the lines of my posts .

I am with you here Sweep. I know several that have been removed, some more than once, that were not nearly this bad and yet this goes on each and every day. All from someone that supports a program that has won absolutely nothing and has more losing seasons than I care to count.