Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

Actually i don't spend much time bashing the team at all...there is where your exageration comes in. I actually pulled for HHS yesterday yet you have ignored those posts which isn't surprising. What I have bashed is just a couple fans (youself and another) who continue to ignore Collins was the better team this year, not just a better game plan, but they oputplayed HHS in all aspects yesterdaqy yet all you seem to want to do is downplay the obivous and claim they didn't pass the ball well when they really did etc.

I also predicted next year Highlands to be back on top in the 4A thread. That doesn't sound like someone wwho loves to bash Highlands. You mistake bashing a couple of their fans who have been obnoxiously arrogant in the past about the success of HHS and when the tables are turned you refuse to admit your wrong doing in the past and eat your crow.

So keep posting things like you just did, it makes me laugh. Keep p[osting also about too many teams in the playoffs in football, you may be right there, maybe to please you Highlands should of been left out of the playoffs and then we wouldn't of had to waste 3 hours of our lives yesterday watching them lose.

So please, do us all a favor and simply give credit where credit is due and know like the rest of us the best team won yesterday. Don't worry though, as I've said HHS will be back on top again before you can bat an eye and you can continue your kicking of other teams in the area like you did yesterday again after the Highlands loss, shows true class with your comments about Cooper etc. and never winning a title. Stay classsy RCC, maybe you could learn something from fans loike sweeperboy who showed true class in the face of defeat yesterday.

Please show me just one place that I didn't give Collins credit slot the win and said they played good. Just one! And don't show me the passing one because that is not one. Again, just because I don't agree with you that passing was the downfall (which I proved to you) doesn't mean I'm not giving them credit. I simply proved to you it was their running game, not the passing game. Not sure how you take that as me not giving them credit. I was one of the first HHS on here to congratulate them AND UKFan for being right. Take a look at post 21. And all the others!!!

Again, you want to call me out. Show me one place (other than debating with you what the actual downfall was) where I didn't give them full credit. Not one excuse or blame from me except they beat us. When you look, you'll find things like...they played a great game, congrats to ,Collins, they were better yesterday, they ran it down our throat, they had a great game plan. PLEASE show me something negative I said. Debating why they kicked our tail has nothing to do with showing them respect. It's proving you wrong AGAIN! Remember, you called me ignorant for not realizing it was the passing game. Your screen must have froze more than you realize.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show me just one place that I didn't give Collins credit slot the win and said they played good. Just one! And don't show me the passing one because that is not one. Again, just because I don't agree with you that passing was the downfall (which I proved to you) doesn't mean I'm not giving them credit. I simply proved to you it was their running game, not the passing game. Not sure how you take that as me not giving them credit. I was one of the first HHS on here to congratulate them AND UKFan for being right. Take a look at post 21. And all the others!!!

Again, you want to call me out. Show me one place (other than debating with you what the actual downfall was) where I didn't give them full credit. Not one excuse or blame from me except they beat us. When you look, you'll find things like...they played a great game, congrats to ,Collins, they were better yesterday, they ran it down our throat, they had a great game plan. PLEASE show me something negative I said. Debating why they kicked our tail has nothing to do with showing them respect. It's proving you wrong AGAIN! Remember, you called me ignorant for not realizing it was the passing game. Your screen must have froze more than you realize.

I'm not going through all the pages. You can go back if you like and prove me wrong. I'm not talkingg about you saying Congrats to Collins, but whenever you did you had to follow it up with something about Highlands as if they are still great or whatever. You also ignore the fact that you continued to poike fun at other teams such as Cooper yesterday. So I'm done with you, go on in your bitter way. I choose to take the high road. Congrats to Collins and Highlands, don't worry you will be back on top before long. You had a great season and a fantasitc run. Although RCC doesn't aggree, you don't have to have your team win a State Championship to actually know something about this game and can talk about it. Yes RCC that is something else you inferred yesterday, so takee your cheap shots and keep them to yourself. both teams deserve much better than what you have portrayed on here.

An epic finish to an epic game. The made for TV movie should already be in the works in Shelby Co. Congrats to Collins for executing on that last play - if they don't we have a different state champion and all this banter takes a completely different slant.

I was very impressed with the Collins QB. Very impressed with the two wide outs. Very good high school players that rose to the occasion on the big stage. Congrats to the Collins coaches for identifying the issues that needed to be fixed, and using the season to be ready for this game. It has been said that the SK loss was the turning point. This was not the same team that lost to SK.

BTW, anyone else think the cover of the Enquirer was inappropriate. My wife sure does. She will be cancelling my subscription over the choice of picture and headline:down:

I see none of you Highland fans has responded to my posts under Collins 2013, what's the matter, Titans got your tongues???

Come on, chief. Don't be "that guy." I read your soliloquy and all I read was a very nice tribute to your Titans and how in your opinion it wasn't an upset. Yet now you want to call out HHS fans? For what? Every post I've read from a HHS fan has been complimentary. One guy stands up and say she still thinks HHS is better. Is he wrong? WHo knows and why does it matter? You've got the big trophy.

You come across as the whiny fan who thinks life isn't fair because his team didn't get enough love. Coach Lucas doesn't care how much love the Titans got. You shouldn't either.

Your 14 posts into BGP. Let's hope the remainder are better than this.

An epic finish to an epic game. The made for TV movie should already be in the works in Shelby Co. Congrats to Collins for executing on that last play - if they don't we have a different state champion and all this banter takes a completely different slant.

I was very impressed with the Collins QB. Very impressed with the two wide outs. Very good high school players that rose to the occasion on the big stage. Congrats to the Collins coaches for identifying the issues that needed to be fixed, and using the season to be ready for this game. It has been said that the SK loss was the turning point. This was not the same team that lost to SK.

BTW, anyone else think the cover of the Enquirer was inappropriate. My wife sure does. She will be cancelling my subscription over the choice of picture and headline:down:

Not cool at all!!

An epic finish to an epic game. The made for TV movie should already be in the works in Shelby Co. Congrats to Collins for executing on that last play - if they don't we have a different state champion and all this banter takes a completely different slant.I was very impressed with the Collins QB. Very impressed with the two wide outs. Very good high school players that rose to the occasion on the big stage. Congrats to the Collins coaches for identifying the issues that needed to be fixed, and using the season to be ready for this game. It has been said that the SK loss was the turning point. This was not the same team that lost to SK. BTW, anyone else think the cover of the Enquirer was inappropriate. My wife sure does. She will be cancelling my subscription over the choice of picture and headline:down:
I didn't see the Enquirers cover, what was it?What a classic game, loved every minute of it, 2 great teams leaving it all out on the field.I was honoredd just to watch it, can't imaqine how great it would of been to play in it, for either team. Something they wioll remember the rest of their lives. Awesome game

I have enjoyed watching these HHS seniors play for 4 years. A very talented and successful group. A N Ky freshmen championship in 2010. Members of state championship teams in 2011, and 2012. Members of a state championship runner team in 2013. Combined record of something like 50 and 4. Wow what a run.

I am disappointed with the loss yesterday as are most HHs fans. One play away from a third title is nothing to be ashamed of as some posters would like us to think. I think it is a real shame that there are plenty of people in our society that revel in a loss by HHS or NCC as if it some how props them up a bit.

PM if you must but true story I was at Kroger wanted to buy paper for ads and saw how thin did not buy. Karma as I did not see photo and headlines. It wasn't meant to be!

It was a Highlands player on his knees with his head down and hands on the side of his helmet. It says THEY'RE BLUE BIRDS!

Oh, well it was not really a slam imo. but i can see the dissapointment. At least HHS has always gotten a lot of press, there are other teams that make great runs who can't get a single mention in their local papers.

Congrats to Collins as I am late to the party! They played a whale of a game. For the Senior class at HHS no shame in the work that you have done! The streak was going to end sometime and it was no fault of effort! You have set the bar high for the classes to follow! It was a fantastic game to watch!

Just remember......two of the best football programs in the state, reside in Campbell Co. just 5 minutes apart from one another

With 6 classes, other places can make that claim. Trinity and St.X aren't exactly chumps. And Beechwood is more like 15 minutes from Highlands in good traffic, and it's not in Campbell County, but yes, they are still close.

Jealous ? No not jealous of Highlands' success at all . Just being Mr.Obvious . The team that I root for lost in the finals too . Just pointing out rays of sunshine that do exist . In High School You put the loss behind you and move on to the next sport season and hope that it is successful .

Lets just hope its not another loss in the 9th Region finals like it has been the past 2 years in a row.