Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

An epic finish to an epic game. The made for TV movie should already be in the works in Shelby Co. Congrats to Collins for executing on that last play - if they don't we have a different state champion and all this banter takes a completely different slant.

I was very impressed with the Collins QB. Very impressed with the two wide outs. Very good high school players that rose to the occasion on the big stage. Congrats to the Collins coaches for identifying the issues that needed to be fixed, and using the season to be ready for this game. It has been said that the SK loss was the turning point. This was not the same team that lost to SK.

BTW, anyone else think the cover of the Enquirer was inappropriate. My wife sure does. She will be cancelling my subscription over the choice of picture and headline:down:

This was the same team that got beat last year by Highlands.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the same team that got beat last year by Highlands.

Not even close. They may have had the same name on the front of the uniform, and may have been quite a few of the same boys -- but not even close to the same team.

Better system, better execution, more confidence. Last year they showed up to play in the state finals. This year they came to win the state finals.

Special mention to HHS senior wide receiver Evan Allen.

You saved the best game of your high school career for your last in the state finals. A couple of sensational catches and the big TD on the 3rd and looooong in the 4th qtr.

Enjoyed watching you and the other 7 WR's do your thing this year.

Congrats to the Collins players and coaches. You guys played/coached one heck of a game and certainly deserved the win. Well done.

Congrats to the Birds for another great season. If the coaches and players can look themselves in the mirror and say that they did everything within their power to make the team as good as possible, it was a successful year. That is all this fan can ask of them.

The same one that hasn't won a state title since 2008? And consistently loses to Mayfield year-in and year-out? Ok. Also, Beechwood is 2-3 against NCC since that title, but please continue.

You are touting a 3-2 record over a 1A team that on paper you should clearly beat every year?

And over the last 23 years, Beechwood has 10 titles and NCC has 4, so please, you continue.

If HHS had won how busy would this thread be? Many on here should go to Getslow's soothing Christmas music thread for some therapy.

Hahaha

Actually if Highlands would of won it would of been like last year and about a dozen threads all about Highlands would of sprung up. Maybe them losing is taking out the annoying thread problem for awhile ;)

Special mention to HHS senior wide receiver Evan Allen.

You saved the best game of your high school career for your last in the state finals. A couple of sensational catches and the big TD on the 3rd and looooong in the 4th qtr.

Enjoyed watching you and the other 7 WR's do your thing this year.

I second that.....those catches were awesome and kept Highlands in the game imo. He played great, best of luck to him in the future.

If HHS had won how busy would this thread be? Many on here should go to Getslow's soothing Christmas music thread for some therapy.

It would still be very busy, but it would be filled with Highlands folks going on and on about how they're the best team in the state. There's already been one of those in here, and they lost.

You are touting a 3-2 record over a 1A team that on paper you should clearly beat every year?

And over the last 23 years, Beechwood has 10 titles and NCC has 4, so please, you continue.

And while NCC is playing 1A schools, HHS is playing Elder and state champs from Florida.

And while NCC is playing 1A schools, HHS is playing Elder and state champs from Florida.

You said Beechwood... No one's comparing NCC to Highlands. There's no comparison. Also, I love how you go all the way back 23 years just to fit your little argument. How about NCC's 4 state titles, in the last 8 years. Making the finals in all but two of those years. Since you like to make your own argument, please fill me in on how many finals appearances Beechwood has in the last 8 years. And if you want to say that, NCC played a SK team that beat Collins (pokes this thread and the score) and actually gave them somewhat of a decent game, but their offense couldn't get anything going. So poke at NCC's schedule and the teams they played all you want, but playing SK, Campbell County, Dixie, Cooper, Desales, Beechwood and Somerset is plenty good teams for a 2A school to face. So who are these "1A schools" NCC is playing? Only one I see is Beechwood.