Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

Wow, not sure what site you logged onto but it wasn't this one. There isn't even half a dozen threads on the first page alone about HHS, I think Saturday there was the game thread aand this thread aabout Highlands. Others were about Collins mostly, but the Highlands goggles may be blurred on your eyes lol.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. :lol2:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Titans on a well-earned victory -- a game for the ages! My kid commented how, in blocking the exact same kid a year later, how much bigger he’d become…a testament to Collins’ offseason work and dedication. And he even got his State game moment, with the catch that set up what might have been the go-ahead TD. Excellent, and nothing but a privilege that he was able to earn that opportunity. Through family, I also have an inside view of Shelby Co football, and it’s no fluke that the Titans came back competing like they did. I could not be more proud of the HHS program, or the Titans, or more thankful for the four-year experience he and my family enjoyed.

I bought a BGP subscription a couple years back in hopes of learning some things about the competition, or to read some interesting stuff in post-game breakdowns. I’ll suffer it through basketball season , but then I’ll be dumping it (no offense Guru, I realize it’s like herding cats trying to control the few tireless imbeciles that spoil some otherwise informative, positive content).

I’ll only stoop to counter the haters’ angle of attack this once, because I know that it won’t do a thing to shut the mouths of those shameless antagonist freaks who’ll read it. Unless you have something against hard work, get over your hate for the success of this program and your glee for some kids coming up short on a long-pursued goal. Coming from a transplant that indeed came to the schools for the district’s academics (as most rightfully do), the perception of the administration, or the athletic programs as espoused by the haters is flat-out wrong. My son had a butt-kicking AP Physics test, given by Dale, on Wednesday of State week. The players in his class who might have to stay up late studying? Tough luck. Dale doesn’t let up teaching, regardless of the subject. He’s an incredible coach, and master motivator, but as Jerry Lucas demonstrated, he’s not the only incredible coach or teacher out there. And I’m betting he’ll exploit this last State game as most every good parent in the Fort is doing, as a lesson in humility, and a testament to another team’s hard work. And if and when the student count allows, FTIS will again allow tuition students, first-come, first-serve. We don’t have to recruit, our home-grown talent does just fine, and the academic chops of the school system undermines any that would charge that choosing to come here from out of district was anything but a wise choice. FTIS is a public school system with many of the same challenges and obstacles to academics and athletics as any public school. Not all, but many. If our community sanctioned, or supported an attitude akin to the types I suffer on here, those that just spew and ankle-bite, all the while setting an example to our kids that, in my opinion, is unforgivable, then Highlands wouldn’t be in the position to win anything, much less six straight. Again, congrats to the class program at Collins! Once the Senior-season sting subsides, I’ll be glad that it turned out like it did. What an amazing storyline and fantastic finish.

Wow, not sure what site you logged onto but it wasn't this one. There isn't even half a dozen threads on the first page alone about HHS, I think Saturday there was the game thread aand this thread aabout Highlands. Others were about Collins mostly, but the Highlands goggles may be blurred on your eyes lol.

Nope you are wrong again but not sure why we waste our time.

On a serious note, Enjoy tonight at the banquet. Those are always hard on senior parents. You are one of the lucky ones and get to enjoy the next level. Good luck with everything!

Not even close. They may have had the same name on the front of the uniform, and may have been quite a few of the same boys -- but not even close to the same team.

Better system, better execution, more confidence. Last year they showed up to play in the state finals. This year they came to win the state finals.

Highlands fans where saying that earlier this year now Collins is a new team. Highlands fans are clueless!

If Highlands fans are clueless then where does that leave you? You keep spouting about a team that has yet to win anything but a state basketball title 30 years ago.

Check the trophy case their is alot of state trophies from wrestling.

Whoopeeeeeeeeee. Highlands has plenty more than for just football. Is wrestling a sport or is it more like cheerleading?

Eek I definitely wouldn't say that around a wrestler JT. Hell I'd advise you not to say that period, those guys can take offense to just thinking you look like a guy they used to wrestle and there's a lot if them that think a good street fight is the only way to figure it out. Just do what everyone else(with any sense) does and ask where ukfan went....

Eek I definitely wouldn't say that around a wrestler JT. Hell I'd advise you not to say that period, those guys can take offense to just thinking you look like a guy they used to wrestle and there's a lot if them that think a good street fight is the only way to figure it out. Just do what everyone else(with any sense) does and ask where ukfan went....

Yup and to think one of my cousins is probably the best wrestler to go to SK.