Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

Didn't get to see the game yet, but based on several other post it appears that Jaylen Hayes was not on the field much again. I have to ask where has he been all year. He plays on KOR, so he apparently isn't injured. Dale Mueller is the best HC in NKY and maybe the state, but I have to wonder how/why a talented kid like Hayes hasn't played more. Based on the Injuries they have had in the secondary, I would have to ask why he wasn't given an opportunity to help back there.

As a Freshman he was the 2nd best player on that team behind Harris.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't get to see the game yet, but based on several other post it appears that Jaylen Hayes was not on the field much again. I have to ask where has he been all year. He plays on KOR, so he apparently isn't injured. Dale Mueller is the best HC in NKY and maybe the state, but I have to wonder how/why a talented kid like Hayes hasn't played more. Based on the Injuries they have had in the secondary, I would have to ask why he wasn't given an opportunity to help back there.

As a Freshman he was the 2nd best player on that team behind Harris.

That is debatable.

Great season's by all in Northern Kentucky. It was so enjoyable to witness High School Football again. The thrill of watching the kids go out an compete is the best. Congratulations to all the kids who played this year; you bring great entertainment and joy to a lot of people.

On to Basketball and let the fun continue!

With 6 classes, other places can make that claim. Trinity and St.X aren't exactly chumps. And Beechwood is more like 15 minutes from Highlands in good traffic, and it's not in Campbell County, but yes, they are still close.

I only mentioned NewCath & Highlands since they were in the finals this year, but yes , Beechwood is certianly in the mix.

What are you talking about, Beechwood is the only 1 A School NCC plays, and they have more kids than NCC, and the team from Florida they were a small School.

Dennis, please remember to click "reply with quote", so we know what in the hell you're responding to. :lol2:

It would still be very busy, but it would be filled with Highlands folks going on and on about how they're the best team in the state. There's already been one of those in here, and they lost.

I actually thought there would be fewer posts if HHS had won because there would not have been so much going back and forth between the Bird lovers and Bird haters.

I actually thought there would be fewer posts if HHS had lost because there would not have been so much going back and forth between the Bird lovers and Bird haters.

I firmly believe the thread would be close to the same length if Highlands had won, it would have just been an ego stroking session, instead of UKfan having his way with the Birds fans.

I firmly believe the thread would be close to the same length if Highlands had won, it would have just been an ego stroking session, instead of UKfan having his way with the Birds fans.

^^^

This I agree with. Also as I said, if HHS would of won there would be at least a half dozen more HHS threads. Doesn't anyone remember last year?

^^^

This I agree with. Also as I said, if HHS would of won there would be at least a half dozen more HHS threads. Doesn't anyone remember last year?

Highlands lost and when I logged on Sat am, 11 of the 1st 13 threads about the Highlands loss.

The fence along Memorial Parkway in Ft Thomas says it all. "It's a great day to be a Bluebird"!

Just sayin!

Highlands lost and when I logged on Sat am, 11 of the 1st 13 threads about the Highlands loss.

The fence along Memorial Parkway in Ft Thomas says it all. "It's a great day to be a Bluebird"!

Just sayin!

Wow, not sure what site you logged onto but it wasn't this one. There isn't even half a dozen threads on the first page alone about HHS, I think Saturday there was the game thread aand this thread aabout Highlands. Others were about Collins mostly, but the Highlands goggles may be blurred on your eyes lol.

The booing during the celebration was because of exactly that, and all in good fun. Collins folks understood that there was another game coming and a gatorade slick wouldn't have helped the field conditions. The Meade Co faithful were breathing down their necks waiting for their seats.