Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying this all year..I guess you live and learn..I guarantee Dale and Brian will go back and look at the season and make adjustments in what they need to do for next year. :thumb:

As I stated earlier, some guys tried to move last winter and some asked to be moved during the season and all were told no. Some saw the field sparingly and some not at all. Agree 100% with what Bluerunner says. Trying to play 2 platoon without the horses is a tough thing. Also really tough when a large chunk of the talent is on one side of the ball. I was always taught that Defense Wins Championships and Offense sells tickets. Interesting to see what happens going forward.

At Least NewCath has one consolation in it's loss that Highlands doesn't Basketball season !!!!!!!!

and Highlands has baseball season and soccer. What is your point? Should I get on here and beg on NCC for losing in the state finals? Your jealously along with others on here speaks volumes. Love how some get on here and make one dumb statement after another. Some probably never played a game in their life, right UK, and want to get on here and talk smack about high school

kids. Real MEN if you ask me.

They played 8 receivers constantly all year from what I've heard. You don't need to run 4 guys in and out every play. Some of those guys could have definitely helped the secondary. Also they rotated a lot on the line too. Some of them could have really helped the DLine too. The 2 platoon system will stay, but Dale needs to balance the talent out more. He did Weinrich no favors at all.

As I stated earlier, some guys tried to move last winter and some asked to be moved during the season and all were told no. Some saw the field sparingly and some not at all. Agree 100% with what Bluerunner says. Trying to play 2 platoon without the horses is a tough thing. Also really tough when a large chunk of the talent is on one side of the ball. I was always taught that Defense Wins Championships and Offense sells tickets. Interesting to see what happens going forward.

There has been a lot of talk about maybe the Defense didn't have the best players yet three has been no mention that maybe it was the coaching that holds as much responsibility if not more.

I know saying anything against Dale or his staff is like a mortal sin around here, but I'm sorry, the mistakes I saw yestrday in that game were more of alignment issues than kids ability and that falls on the coaches.

Am I treading on sacred ground here? I blame the coaches more than anything on Highlands problems on defense this year. Dale and his staff aren't the greatest since sliced bread folks and their armor showed kinks in it this year and especially in yesterdays game. Why keep blaming the plaayers sayng their best athletes weren't on the field on defense when the fact is there were some serious aligment issues especially on that last drive, and that is all coaching.

I would like to know what would have been said in this 15 pages of mess if Highlands had held on 4th down and won the game. All the talk of one team being superior to the other is an abolute joke. I think that both teams were very similar in size, speed and athleticism across the board. One team had a superior scheme on both sides of the ball and the other tried to force their will on the other team without trying to take what they were given.

I noticed Collins rotated a good deal on defense such as DL and lb. One thing I've always found interesting is the "Highlands" stance. Their LBs use it and when they go to the direct snap package the other rb use it. Can anyone explain why they use it? Especially with the LBs

There has been a lot of talk about maybe the Defense didn't have the best players yet three has been no mention that maybe it was the coaching that holds as much responsibility if not more.

I know saying anything against Dale or his staff is like a mortal sin around here, but I'm sorry, the mistakes I saw yestrday in that game were more of alignment issues than kids ability and that falls on the coaches.

Am I treading on sacred ground here? I blame the coaches more than anything on Highlands problems on defense this year. Dale and his staff aren't the greatest since sliced bread folks and their armor showed kinks in it this year and especially in yesterdays game. Why keep blaming the plaayers sayng their best athletes weren't on the field on defense when the fact is there were some serious aligment issues especially on that last drive, and that is all coaching.

You are basing it on a few games and others are basing it on an entire season. Do not doubt that scheme, alignment and technique were questionable, but at no time does Highlands ever have their best 22 players on the field and that is fact.

You are basing it on a few games and others are basing it on an entire season. Do not doubt that scheme, alignment and technique were questionable, but at no time does Highlands ever have their best 22 players on the field and that is fact.

Which is even morew of a coaching problem. If you know you don't have your best players on the field then you better be smart enough to know how to counter that by putting the players in the best positions to succeed while on the field.

All coaching.

Also once Collins got to 1st and goal, I think Dale should have burned his 3 timeouts. Once they got down there you knew it was going to have 4 plays, why not save some clock if they score?

Because Collins had to score a touchdown. It is a tough call to make, but why assume that the other team is going to score. IMO a timeout should have been called prior to the last play and the defense set up to funnel everything to the outside. No receiver gets open in the middle of the field and one person spies the quarterback.

Also once Collins got to 1st and goal, I think Dale should have burned his 3 timeouts. Once they got down there you knew it was going to have 4 plays, why not save some clock if they score?

If I recall correctly, it is still a haze, I don't think Collins ever had 1st & Goal. The last play was 4th & 7 from the 11, I think. That means on that series if they get the 1st down and you've burned all your TOs, you give them more clock to work with.