Snider decommits from UofL;commits to Illinois

dawgs83

This reminds me of when Pitino kicked Roderick Rhodes to the curb for Scott Padgett. When he was booted out folks said Rhodes 'wasn't any good anyways', 'never worked out', 'never lived up to the hype'.....blah blah blah. Now the Quentin Snider criticisms are kicking in. How ironic. You folks will believe anything the Pitino machine tells you. Reminds me of my Union Executive Committee. Their 15 seconds of fame will be up soon though. :D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's cool for a school to offer you a scholarship and over recruit at your position but it's not cool for the player to question the school's motive and their plan and vision for you? As a parent of a kid who is in college and on a basketball team that has watched the school bring in more recruits at his position how would you feel about your son's chances at that school? Why would you advise your kid to go there when it's obvious the school doesn't feel you are the answer at that position? Why wouldn't you re-open your recruitment to see who truly wants you? Makes sense to me. Especially after reading Playing Their Hearts Out. I'll always side with the players who are constantly eaten up and spit out by the machine.

The ONLY problem I have with him re-opening his commitment is the idea of "guaranteed" playing time. I understand and agree with all your points, and in that light, I don't blame him or anybody else for looking elsewhere. But if their motive is to get a coach to guarantee playing time, that's selfish to me. He would obviously get the opportunity to compete for the playing time. If he's the best, or even one of the best, he'll play. I don't think it's fair to look down on schools who recruit more than one player at a position. Injuries happen as we all know. Putting all your eggs in one basket is risky.

The ONLY problem I have with him re-opening his commitment is the idea of "guaranteed" playing time. I understand and agree with all your points, and in that light, I don't blame him or anybody else for looking elsewhere. But if their motive is to get a coach to guarantee playing time, that's selfish to me. He would obviously get the opportunity to compete for the playing time. If he's the best, or even one of the best, he'll play. I don't think it's fair to look down on schools who recruit more than one player at a position. Injuries happen as we all know. Putting all your eggs in one basket is risky.

I can understand more than one player but five of them? All five of them after you as well? I know the word on the street is what Scott is asking for and I don't agree with him asking for guaranteed time but at the same time I don't fault him for doing what he feels is best for his kid. I would rather see him take a step back and reassess how he is handling the situation but he is the only person that is going to look out for Q at the end of the day. He just needs to take a step back and let Q's talent take him wherever it is going to take him.

I'm not ready to crap on Q because of his father's words and actions.

PP, that is the name of the game. You don't recruit a kid, then wait until he is a SR. then recruit his replacement. If you do that you don't coach at a high level very long.

Exactly. That's the name of the game. Why is it okay for the school and coach to play the game but not the player and parent? It's cool for the school to offer a sophomore a scholarship and accept a verbal and then continue recruiting at that position. Not one or two more...we're talking five more guards. But it's not cool for the player and parent to say we see what you've done and we are wondering how much faith you have in me. Just seems like a double standard in this thread. UL can play the game but the Sniders can't? Hardly seems fair the Sniders can't ask something of UL that UL asked of them.

Exactly. That's the name of the game. Why is it okay for the school and coach to play the game but not the player and parent? It's cool for the school to offer a sophomore a scholarship and accept a verbal and then continue recruiting at that position. Not one or two more...we're talking five more guards. But it's not cool for the player and parent to say we see what you've done and we are wondering how much faith you have in me. Just seems like a double standard in this thread. UL can play the game but the Sniders can't? Hardly seems fair the Sniders can't ask something of UL that UL asked of them.

Great point. Bottom line is thy have to do what is best for them.

They can play the game, it will just be somewhere other than Louisville....

This reminds me of when Pitino kicked Roderick Rhodes to the curb for Scott Padgett. When he was booted out folks said Rhodes 'wasn't any good anyways', 'never worked out', 'never lived up to the hype'.....blah blah blah. Now the Quentin Snider criticisms are kicking in. How ironic. You folks will believe anything the Pitino machine tells you. Reminds me of my Union Executive Committee. Their 15 seconds of fame will be up soon though. :D

I am a fan of Snider. I want him to find a school that can deliver his needs and fits him. As a UL fan I would take him back in a minute.

My concern is any player current of future not wanting to work for playing time concerns me. So it is best that he does re-open his recruitment. I know every kid out there wants to plat right away and should look at a place they can. I understand why he has decommitted. I just stating that I perfer kids that have the attitude I dont care who you have or bring in I am the best and will prove it.

I am a fan of Snider. I want him to find a school that can deliver his needs and fits him. As a UL fan I would take him back in a minute.

My concern is any player current of future not wanting to work for playing time concerns me. So it is best that he does re-open his recruitment. I know every kid out there wants to plat right away and should look at a place they can. I understand why he has decommitted. I just stating that I perfer kids that have the attitude I dont care who you have or bring in I am the best and will prove it.

That's fine and dandy but Pitino's motives are clear since UL is not going to re-recruit him. I like the fact the Snider is going to look elsewhere instead of becoming a novelty act for his favorite team.

That's fine and dandy but Pitino's motives are clear since UL is not going to re-recruit him. I like the fact the Snider is going to look elsewhere instead of becoming a novelty act for his favorite team.

Agreed. Given that Pitino's not going to come after him, it seems like Snider's been given the nod that he's not a huge part of Pitino's plan. It's happened before. It'll happen again. It happens everywhere. Wish him nothing but the best in every game he plays in college not against Louisville.

Haven't read a lot of this thread so if this has been mentioned.....

There is belief that UL "encouraged" Q to "explore all of his options" after they got some guards they liked better.

I go back to a tweet from Jody right after the news broke and wonder just how much spin is involved from the UL side. His initial reaction was the say the UL staff was "shocked" when they heard the news. Since then we have gone from shocked to Scott wanted guaranteed playing time to he was advised to explore options. One of these things is not like the others...