Snider decommits from UofL;commits to Illinois

dawgs83

Had he signed or just verbally committed? Big loss for Louisville.

Verbal only.

I may have missed this but..

His family really wants him at UL. Demling says it doesn't appear that UL will pursue him.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the summer I heard Ohio St.

Wouldn't surprise me. I know he and D'Angelo Russell have always played well together...

That's what I would assume. I figured all along they would play together, I just thought it may be at Louisville.

I hate to see a local kid get away.

But I will say this about any kid that decomitts because of playing time. Are you sure you school wants a kid that doesnt want to work to get on the floor? His father has said he was concerned about playing time so this tells me he dont think he can beat anyone out.

College is always about recruiting the next kid. So yes this is a big loss for the Cards. But as a fan I don't want a kid that thinks he cant earn playing time.

Wish him luck. Hope he finds a slot that lacks depth that will allow him to play the minutes he wants.

But I will say this about any kid that decomitts because of playing time. Are you sure you school wants a kid that doesnt want to work to get on the floor? His father has said he was concerned about playing time so this tells me he dont think he can beat anyone out.

College is always about recruiting the next kid. So yes this is a big loss for the Cards. But as a fan I don't want a kid that thinks he cant earn playing time.

Wish him luck. Hope he finds a slot that lacks depth that will allow him to play the minutes he wants.

Agree with everything in this post. :thumb:

You obviously want to land every kid you recruit, why else recruit them? Him being a Louisville guy makes the taste a little more bitter, but IMO if he doesn't want to come to UofL because he's worried about playing time, that part is a positive for the program.

In most cases I agree, but you can only put so many guards on the floor and Pitino has been loading up in both 13 and 14. It becomes a sheer numbers game and there is no way to avoid the issue with Jones, Rozier, Gill, Lyle and Aaron all stacked up...

In most cases I agree, but you can only put so many guards on the floor and Pitino has been loading up in both 13 and 14. It becomes a sheer numbers game and there is no way to avoid the issue with Jones, Rozier, Gill, Lyle and Aaron all stacked up...

Agreed. That's a lot of guards.

Chip Miller @BLUEChip_Miller

Quentin Snider's first offer after de-committing from Louisville comes from Minnesota. Estimates he's received about 25 calls. Per @jdemling

That'd be a nice pull for Richard Pitino early on there. And you have to imagine that he and Snider already have some sort of relationship since Pitino the Younger was still at Louisville when he first committed. I wouldn't mind seeing the guy end up in Minnesota.

GT, who are some of the schools looking at Snider? Is Cincinnati a possible destination? is Ohio State a possibility? UK? Or is a school like Minnesota his ceiling? You have any info? :D

Cincinnati talked to his dad today. I know IU has also been in contact. Have not heard OSU yet, but I expect them to inquire as well...