Nerlons Noel Blog

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FKYW & GT's point was that people don't say that when it's a white kid.

For what it's worth, I think Oriakhi & Noel both end up in Lexington next season.

Could really help Cal with recruiting if Oriakhi comes to UK and has a great season. Not that Cal needs much help but it would just be another example of how he can coach to a players skill set.

As for whether or not Oriakhi comes I'm still uncertain, you know every one associated with UConn has to be in his ear telling him to go any where but UK probably.

Could really help Cal with recruiting if Oriakhi comes to UK and has a great season. Not that Cal needs much help but it would just be another example of how he can coach to a players skill set.

As for whether or not Oriakhi comes I'm still uncertain, you know every one associated with UConn has to be in his ear telling him to go any where but UK probably.

Oriakhi at this point has to be thinking what is best for Oriakhi...and that has to be UK with just one year of eligiblity left.

Is that a good or bad sign?

On one hand, it can't be good since everyone thinks he is UK-bound.

On the other, he may be playing with the minds of UK fans.

Fortunately, we'll know on Wednesday. I've always felt Georgetown was a serious threat to UK for Noel.

On one hand, it can't be good since everyone thinks he is UK-bound.

On the other, he may be playing with the minds of UK fans.

Fortunately, we'll know on Wednesday. I've always felt Georgetown was a serious threat to UK for Noel.

Or could he be headed to Lexington along with a few friends?? :confused: :D

Nerlens Noel ‏ @NerlensNoel3

Gon shock the world !!

This sounds like something a kid says when his friends decide on a spur of the moment to do something that they wouldn't ordinarily. Doesn't sound well for UK IMO, but then again I may just be paranoid.

Nerlens Noel ‏ @NerlensNoel3

Gon shock the world !!

Is that a good or bad sign?

I think it is a sign that Goldie may be right and that he didn't write his blog and that he isn't as well spoken or well written as some initially thought. Gon? He wasn't close to 140 characters. He could have added the 'e'.

No wonder he told Duke he wasn't going to come there. :lol: Big dummy.

How did I miss this thread? Awesomeness everywhere.

As a well spoken and well written black fella I just want to say it is like a backhanded compliment. It's nice that people recognize someone as well spoken, well written, articulate, etc. However, these phrases are normally reserved for black people. Barack Obama initially impressed a large part of America because he was so well spoken and articulate. Unfortunately for black people if you talk 'proper' you are made fun of by black people for talking 'white'. I still get made fun of to this day on ocassion but I always turn it around and ask why would anyone want to sound like an idiot? That usually shuts them up. :lol: What I guess I am trying to say is that I see both sides to the argument. It's not always a compliment to be called well spoken, well written, articulate....but it isn't an insult either. More like an observation. For example..if someone white tells me I am well spoken or articulate my reply should be...'why wouldn't I be?' I normally say, 'thank you.' but being called well spoken or articulate loses itself as a compliment in that circumstance.

We should all strive to be well spoken, well written, and articulate but those adjectives shouldn't be reserved for just black people that can speak English. Kyle Wiltjer and Jarrod Polson deserve some shine also for using complete sentences. :D