Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nerlons Noel Blog

Featured Replies

For me, I was comparing it to all the half wit tweets, regardless of race, from athletes all over the spectrum. Little thought to the content or manner of which it was written. I commend him on a very savvy statement.

  • Replies 248
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anyone is calling anyone racist in this thread. Just people pointing out how funny it is the our society works.

If a white kid would have written it, I'd have said the same thing.

If a white kid would have written it, I'd have said the same thing.

 

I don't think anyone here is saying that you need to defend yourself spindoc. It's just funny how it works out that way. I wish I could remember what the thread was called in the Pro Sports forum because it goes a lot with this. It had something to do with nicknames we use for players and usually some you never hear for the white players and vice versa.

 

And for the record, I thought it was so well-written that it could have been him. And I admit, that isn't right, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the first thing I thought.

It's not a compliment.

 

Yeah, it is a compliment. How many forum posts on Bluegrass Preps have been about other players' blogs? 0. That includes black and white athletes. I made an observation about an athlete. I didn't even know players had blogs. I don't follow people on Twitter and aren't friends with them on Facebook, so I don't know about that either. Man, some people really fish, don't they?

MJ, I'm not intending to defend myself if it comes off that way. My point is that we've become so paranoid about race that we automatically assume the worst. If Polson would have written it, I wouldn't be surprised, not because he's white, but because he's a governor's scholar. Is Noel a stellar student? I have no idea. But common grammar and composition is a lost art in this texting, tweeting, blogging generation. Again, you can call it blinders or whatever, but we only perpetuate racial overtones when you assume something that may not be there, ala the comments about this kids blog.

Yeah, it is a compliment. How many forum posts on Bluegrass Preps have been about other players' blogs? 0. That includes black and white athletes. I made an observation about an athlete. I didn't even know players had blogs. I don't follow people on Twitter and aren't friends with them on Facebook, so I don't know about that either. Man, some people really fish, don't they?

 

Amen.

So where are all the examples of the "well-spoken" white athletes?
You must have made a mistake by putting "white" and " athlete" together.:lol: Just kidding. See, I can do it too.:thumb:

Granted their aren't very many white players in the spot light, but when there are, you never hear someone comment about them being articulate or well-spoken.

 

I don't remember anyone commenting about how Jimmer Fredette, Robbie Hummel, Doug McDermott, Josh Harrelson, and etc. were articulate or well-spoken. And in my mind that is because we subconsciously expect them to be. Not even saying that is necessarily a bad thing, just how it is.

Granted their aren't very many white players in the spot light, but when there are, you never hear someone comment about them being articulate or well-spoken.

 

I don't remember anyone commenting about how Jimmer Fredette, Robbie Hummel, Doug McDermott, Josh Harrelson, and etc. were articulate or well-spoken. And in my mind that is because we subconsciously expect them to be. Not even saying that is necessarily a bad thing, just how it is.

Listened to Robbie Hummel on the way to New Orleans. He is well-spoken.

So besides the well-spoken, white/black athlete thing, does anyone think Calipari going to visit with Oriaki today has anything to do with the Cats potentially not landing Noel?

So besides the well-spoken, white/black athlete thing, does anyone think Calipari going to visit with Oriaki today has anything to do with the Cats potentially not landing Noel?

 

I feel like they don't have anything to do with each other personally. I would think they could start at PF and C together.

So besides the well-spoken, white/black athlete thing, does anyone think Calipari going to visit with Oriaki today has anything to do with the Cats potentially not landing Noel?

 

Nope, PF and C, so completely unrelated.

 

I feel like they don't have anything to do with each other personally. I would think they could start at PF and C together.

 

Agreed. It is a guarantee that Oriaki doesn't have to sit out, correct?

Agreed. It is a guarantee that Oriaki doesn't have to sit out, correct?

 

As far as everything that I have read. Which really surprised me, but I didn't know the rule until this situation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.