Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nerlons Noel Blog

Featured Replies

I knew I should have tweeted you last week and told you to check it out lol.

 

:lol:

 

I knew he wasn't going to Duke so I had no use for his blog. This was a great thread even though I got here 4 days too late. :lol:

  • Replies 248
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

 

I knew he wasn't going to Duke so I had no use for his blog. This was a great thread even though I got here 4 days too late. :lol:

...yet another reason for you to become a UK fan.
Nerlens Noel ‏ @NerlensNoel3

Gon shock the world !!

 

Come on Murray State! Make a late push.

On one hand, it can't be good since everyone thinks he is UK-bound.

 

On the other, he may be playing with the minds of UK fans.

 

Fortunately, we'll know on Wednesday. I've always felt Georgetown was a serious threat to UK for Noel.

 

Or it has nothing to do with his recruitment. Maybe he's planning to get rid of the flat top, like Brandon Knight and his dreads.

I think it is a sign that Goldie may be right and that he didn't write his blog and that he isn't as well spoken or well written as some initially thought. Gon? He wasn't close to 140 characters. He could have added the 'e'.

 

No wonder he told Duke he wasn't going to come there. :lol: Big dummy.

 

Tru dat :cool:

Or it has nothing to do with his recruitment. Maybe he's planning to get rid of the flat top, like Brandon Knight and his dreads.

 

 

Perhaps your right it could be regarding his social status in some manner. Really is hard to guess what actions an 18 year old thinks is considered shocking to the world.

How did I miss this thread? Awesomeness everywhere.

 

As a well spoken and well written black fella I just want to say it is like a backhanded compliment. It's nice that people recognize someone as well spoken, well written, articulate, etc. However, these phrases are normally reserved for black people. Barack Obama initially impressed a large part of America because he was so well spoken and articulate. Unfortunately for black people if you talk 'proper' you are made fun of by black people for talking 'white'. I still get made fun of to this day on ocassion but I always turn it around and ask why would anyone want to sound like an idiot? That usually shuts them up. :lol: What I guess I am trying to say is that I see both sides to the argument. It's not always a compliment to be called well spoken, well written, articulate....but it isn't an insult either. More like an observation. For example..if someone white tells me I am well spoken or articulate my reply should be...'why wouldn't I be?' I normally say, 'thank you.' but being called well spoken or articulate loses itself as a compliment in that circumstance.

 

 

We should all strive to be well spoken, well written, and articulate but those adjectives shouldn't be reserved for just black people that can speak English. Kyle Wiltjer and Jarrod Polson deserve some shine also for using complete sentences. :D

 

You're black??????

You're black??????

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

Depends on who I am talking to. :lol:

Here, for me, is the difference. I think people know when you're sincere and talking matter of factly. For instance, I was with PP92 and westsider in Lex during the sweet16 and we are discussing teams/players and the tournament while having lunch at Buffalo WW. We weren't 2 white guys and a black guy eating lunch. We were 3 basketball fans enjoying the tournament and each others company while discussing basketball. I made a comment about "all black" teams. I never meant one ounce of racial overtone and I'm quite certain PP92 didn't flinch at that comment. You know why? Because there weren't any white kids on the team. The kids were all black on the team I was talking about. Goodness, I would hate to go around having to backhandedly discuss every topic around PP92 because I thought he would think I was being racist. I know, and am certain he knows, that I think he's knowledgeable enough about the game of basketball and we are both comfortable enough in our own skins that the color of them didn't really matter.

 

I know, some of you will say that it's not reality to think that way. Well, how in the world do we stop perpetuating racism if we don't think that way?

 

For the record, I think PP92 is one of the most knowledgeable basketball posters on this site. And he's well spoken. And he's black. And he's funny. And his son's a good lookin' lad. And I'm thankful to call him a friend. I'd feel the same if he was the color of Barney. (PurplePride pun, not intended)

One of the best things about BGP is that every poster has no race or gender till they state theirs.

 

Everyone is judged on the quality of their posts to alter a famous MLK quote.

I think that is a great question, Spin. Not one I have an end all answer to. I think it falls in the everyone is different category. I know some people who probably would have taken that comment the wrong way and I know others a lot like me who wouldn't flinch at the comment. I guess because so many people have been programmed to think of things in race for so long that it is easy for things to get muddied up in the communication process.

I think that is a great question, Spin. Not one I have an end all answer to. I think it falls in the everyone is different category. I know some people who probably would have taken that comment the wrong way and I know others a lot like me who wouldn't flinch at the comment. I guess because so many people have been programmed to think of things in race for so long that it is easy for things to get muddied up in the communication process.

 

 

That's the hard part about situations like that is you have to know who you're talking with and make sure others around you aren't going to distort what's being discussed. The hardest part is when you mix in friends from different races that aren't as knowledgable of who they are speaking with and how things may be misinterpreted, nothing worse than that awkward silence after you over hear something you wish you hadn't. I wonder how Nerlons feels about this topic, hopefully he doesn't surf the net looking for people talking about him or we may be scaring him away from BGP with each and every post in this thread. :lol:

I hope he's a shot blocking CAT. I don't care about his hair, his skin color, his vernacular or his leotard looking deals he wears. I only want him to erase everything headed for the square. And do it while wearing KENTUCKY across his chest.

Ben Roberts ‏ @NextCats

Georgetown plans in-home visit with 6-11 center. ... Could mean they're pessimistic about chances w/ Noel.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.