April 11, 201214 yr I think Bazz ends up at UCLA & Noels in Lexington. Honestly, I think Bazz going somewhere other than Kentucky is a blessing. The kid is a superb talent but it sounds like he has a lot of baggage. When you can basically hand pick recruits, sometimes it's better to take the safe thing. I'm sure he's a good kid, but it's rarely the kid that poses the problem...
April 11, 201214 yr I want Noel. Would like Bazz as well but he worries me with his eligibility issues that the NCAA mentioned.
April 11, 201214 yr Maybe Noel shocks the world and he and Shabazz go play a season in Europe...... We will no soon enough.
April 11, 201214 yr At this point I think the Bazz picks UCLA *Cough* Adidas *Cough*, and Noel comes to the BBN. As a consolation prize on missing on Bazz the Cats will also add Jefferson. JMO. :idunno:
April 11, 201214 yr At this point I think the Bazz picks UCLA *Cough* Adidas *Cough*, and Noel comes to the BBN. As a consolation prize on missing on Bazz the Cats will also add Jefferson. JMO. :idunno: I'm not going to hold it against him if he does. He's kind of backed himself into a corner from the way it sounds. His situation sucks all together. I'd love to see him in a 'Cats jersey but if it means he will not be eligible then I'd rather see him playing ball at UCLA. I don't want to see him put in a situation that Kanter was in.
April 11, 201214 yr ^Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll have nothing against any of these guys if they go elsewhere. I hope they all go where they feel is the best fit for them individually, I just want that to be UK. I just think, as you said, Bazz has kind of put himself in a bad situation with Adidas, and he doesn't have much of a choice IMO.
April 11, 201214 yr At this point I think the Bazz picks UCLA *Cough* Adidas *Cough*, and Noel comes to the BBN. As a consolation prize on missing on Bazz the Cats will also add Jefferson. JMO. :idunno: I think the whole Adidas thing has been overplayed by now. Bazz has been wearing Nike gear with his high school team all season long and played in the Nike Hoop Summit this past weekend. Not saying that Adidas doesn't have a lot of influence (as it seems they are trying to black ball him into an Adidas school), but by now all of that stuff is just overkill IMO. If he does pick UCLA for Adidas reasons its because him and Ronnie Holmes know what kind of dirt they have on them and they wouldn't want it to affect his eligibility if he plays at a Nike school. Not because his allegiance with them is so strong.
April 11, 201214 yr I'm just glad we have Poythress if we are missing on Shabazz. I'm very excited to watch him play.
April 11, 201214 yr Tell me more on the ADIDAS situation. In a nutshell, they have a lot invested in him and his AAU teams have been sponored by Adidas, and the teams have attended Adidas camps, etc. They apparently know some "dirt", not that any of know exactly what the dirt might be, but if he chooses a Nike school like Kentucky, some of that dirt may start to come out from under the rug. At least that's my understanding.
April 11, 201214 yr I'm just glad we have Poythress if we are missing on Shabazz. I'm very excited to watch him play. Yea, I'd love to see Bazz and Poythress on opposite wings, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up. Everyone that actually knows a little something is picking UCLA.
April 11, 201214 yr I think the whole Adidas thing has been overplayed by now. Bazz has been wearing Nike gear with his high school team all season long and played in the Nike Hoop Summit this past weekend. Not saying that Adidas doesn't have a lot of influence (as it seems they are trying to black ball him into an Adidas school), but by now all of that stuff is just overkill IMO. If he does pick UCLA for Adidas reasons its because him and Ronnie Holmes know what kind of dirt they have on them and they wouldn't want it to affect his eligibility if he plays at a Nike school. Not because his allegiance with them is so strong. Doesn't look very good on Adidas to be in the business of blackmailing high schoolers.
April 11, 201214 yr Kentucky fan offers to let top recruit take home his wife | The Dagger: College Basketball Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.