Nerlons Noel Blog

Agreed. It is a guarantee that Oriaki doesn't have to sit out, correct?

Correct, as long as he finds a major that UConn doesn't offer, he can play at an SEC school. I know that the SEC has a rule that you cannot transfer and play immediately if you only have 1 year of eligibility left, but that's the loophole. I'm not sure if other conferences have a similar rule.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, as long as he finds a major that UConn doesn't offer, he can play at an SEC school. I know that the SEC has a rule that you cannot transfer and play immediately if you only have 1 year of eligibility left, but that's the loophole. I'm not sure if other conferences have a similar rule.

If UConn is ruled out ofthe tournament he can go anywhere outside of big east no matter his major. I am pretty sure I read that.

If UConn is ruled out ofthe tournament he can go anywhere outside of big east no matter his major. I am pretty sure I read that.

It's the SEC's rule that if you have 1 year of eligibility left, you can't play immediately, unless you find a major UConn doesn't offer.

It's the SEC's rule that if you have 1 year of eligibility left, you can't play immediately, unless you find a major UConn doesn't offer.

I guess I should have read your 1st post more closely. It will be interesting on what happens.

Do you know his current major?

If he wants to come I am sure it won't be a problem to find something to make this work.

Equine Science Management...no way UConn has that!

I was about to say that I guarantee you there is some agricultural major that isn't offered at UCONN. I know there's an agricultural economics major.

I'm pretty sure you can create your own major at UK. Pick a combination of classes and a name. Its more complicated than that I'm sure, but it would pretty much ensure you're not duplicating something UConn has.