Kentucky 69 Michigan State 62

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxey with an unbelievable game. I have a feeling I will be fighting the same fight that I had with Herro last year. I said last year that you never hear people complain or say a shot was a bad shot if it goes in. There won't be many who complain about the shots Maxey took and made tonight. However, as the year goes on he can take a lot of similar shots that were well contested tonight and may miss and people will complain about it being a bad shot and how he forced it.

At the end of the day players like Maxey, Herro, etc are scorers and feel like they can make every shot they take. They are capable of making tough contested shots, which Maxey did tonight. I know for me personally I can live with it, when a game comes and he may be missing some of these tough shots. He is going to be a stud!

Nice win by the Cats today. I will venture to say that some who tried to make predictions and possibly overreact to how they looked in exhibition games, may have a different opinion now. They will lose some games, but they will be right there come March and a chance to win it.

Go Cats!

Kentucky's ceiling is much higher than we saw last night. Looking forward to watching guys like Whitney and Brooks improve.

Loved the first half defense of the Cats. Got lucky that MSU missed some wide open looks down the stretch.

It will probably be a constant this year, Richard's and Montgomery are gonna frustrate me.

Very happy with the win, I still have questions offensively especially on the interior. I'll lower my 9 loss prediction from the season prediction thread to 6 maybe 7 after tonight.

Kentucky's ceiling is much higher than we saw last night. Looking forward to watching guys like Whitney and Brooks improve.

Loved the first half defense of the Cats. Got lucky that MSU missed some wide open looks down the stretch.

It will probably be a constant this year, Richard's and Montgomery are gonna frustrate me.

So I was actually very happy with Richard's last night. I thought he played hard and physical. He altered many shots even without blocking them. Then offensively I think he did a good job getting position and getting his hook shot off. Which I think most will see and learn to be very confident in his hook shot, because I think that will be a shot we see him make pretty consistently.

With all that said keep in mind UK just played against what most likely will be one of the better defensive teams in the county this year. So it wasn't going to come easy.