Willie Taggart fired from Florida State/Coaching Search

All State Baseball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a lot of ways I don’t think he was given a fair chance. He inherited such a bad situation. But they weren’t showing progress at all. And discipline has been a huge problem.

I think it can be said with certainty that he wasn’t the guy for the job, even if he probably deserved some more time. The program is now going to be years away from relevance.

In a lot of ways I don’t think he was given a fair chance. He inherited such a bad situation. But they weren’t showing progress at all. And discipline has been a huge problem.

I think it can be said with certainty that he wasn’t the guy for the job, even if he probably deserved some more time. The program is now going to be years away from relevance.

Who is on top of their wish list to replace him?

Herbstreit called the character of the FSU team out yesterday, and he was right.

IMO this is one of the few times I think a coach deserved getting canned this early in his tenure.

FSU spent a lot of money on just firing him, but if they have to go after a big name. They better get on it though some other programs with big pockets will be hiring.

I believe FSU paid a nice chunk of change for his Oregon buyout and also close to 2 million Oregon spent on buyout from South Florida! Wow. Campbell at Iowa State? Norvell at Memphis? Fickell at UC? What about Harbaugh???

FSU is a good coach away from being relevant next year. They still have more talent on that team than all but maybe 10 schools in all of college football.