Willie Taggart fired from Florida State/Coaching Search

All State Baseball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSU is a good coach away from being relevant next year. They still have more talent on that team than all but maybe 10 schools in all of college football.

Skill talent? Maybe. Although they will continue to have a serious issue at QB. But no one is turning around fast without fixing the line.

Leach would never work in Tallahassee. I agree it would be fun for us as fans, but I highly doubt either side would have interest in the other.

I agree with you on that.

The homerun hire would be Urban, but FSU AD said a week or so ago that he'd never be considered.

He’s fallen up more than anyone I can remember. Will he be able to do it again?

He even did better than Charlie Strong, who road Teddy Bridgewater right into Austin, though I have no idea what Strong's deal is with the USF Foundation. My understanding is that it is amazing. Charlie could take a crap on the iconic U at the 50-yard line, during a game, and they couldn't touch him. :D

Leach did have a home in Key West. Far from FSU but maybe he'd like the weather better than Pullman. He can coach quarterbacks, has a style fans enjoy, and is about ready for a change. I would think recruiting at FSU would be easier and people bash the ACC(not me) as a weak conference. Might be interested.

I agree with you on that.

The homerun hire would be Urban, but FSU AD said a week or so ago that he'd never be considered.

Of course Urban would be the home run hire. He’s the home run hire for any program that needs a coach. If Akron opens up they’d love to hire Urban. There’s not a single school that would be looking for a coach this offseason that wouldn’t hire Urban Meyer. FSU saying they wouldn’t go after Urban is like me saying I wouldn’t go after Blake Lively. I’m only saying that because I know she wouldn’t even pick up the phone if I called.

I don't think Mark Stoops is going anywhere. He has it made at UK. No pressure to win a certain amount of games or anything unlike all other big schools. If he was to take the FSU job, he'd be jobless in about 2-3 years or so.

Well that is like the kiss of death, Mark Stoops is gone. Seems like anytime fans say things like a coach has it made, no pressure to win a certain amount of games, etc. Then the next thing that happens is that coach does leave.

You have to remember coach are also the ultimate competitors. Most also don't want to be content being at a program and make decent bowls and that's it. I'm sure Stoops wants more than that and would want a chance to compete for National titles which wouldn't happen at UK. No coach thinks man if I go to this school I could be out of a job in 2 or 3 years if I don't do well. All coaches believe they would do well and would be able to get it turned around.

That's why when people say they don't think a coach would leave UK, UL, UC. Etc because they have it made where they are at. It usually is wrong, coaches also want something more, something bigger. Which I think if FSU would want him, he really may go. Especially since he was already there once before as a coordinator.

If he goes----which I do not see happening--- there are plenty of people to fill his job and do as well if not better. Have nothing against Stoops or UK, but I think FSU's perception is a bit different. I feel they may like Norvell (Memphis) or Campbell (Iowa State). They need to energize fan base and those two guys have done that in spades at their current jobs.

Of course Urban would be the home run hire. He’s the home run hire for any program that needs a coach. If Akron opens up they’d love to hire Urban. There’s not a single school that would be looking for a coach this offseason that wouldn’t hire Urban Meyer. FSU saying they wouldn’t go after Urban is like me saying I wouldn’t go after Blake Lively. I’m only saying that because I know she wouldn’t even pick up the phone if I called.

Urban is going to USC anyway.