Willie Taggart fired from Florida State/Coaching Search

All State Baseball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone catch KSR, I couldn’t listen today. I’m guessing Matt did his best to get Stoops a raise?

Stoops already is the 19th highest-paid coach already. Matt said that if he decided to go he'd shake his hand and wish him well. There was no talk about UK needing to pay him more to keep him, they just talked about all UK has done in the past for him and his staff to show them they are serious about the football program.

Stoops already is the 19th highest-paid coach already. Matt said that if he decided to go he'd shake his hand and wish him well. There was no talk about UK needing to pay him more to keep him, they just talked about all UK has done in the past for him and his staff to show them they are serious about the football program.

Got to agree. In no way does Stoops deserve more money or an extension until we win the SEC east.

FSU is a dumpster fire program wide after reading up on them. They need a big time experienced coach like Meyers, Les Miles, Bob Stoops, etc. to bring that program back. Otherwise they can just look at UT as an example of what the next 10-15 years will be like.

That's a part-time job, at best...he even talked about it like that a few weeks ago on an interview that I saw.

Which is probably why he’s doing it. I think if Stoops wanted to have a full time coaching job he would have one already. I could be wrong though.

Which is probably he’s doing it. I think if Stoops wanted to have a full time coaching job he would have one already. I could be wrong though.

True, but there hasn't been a top-level job come open since he retired.

On another note, I read that Lane Kiffin has shown his interest in the job.

The biggest issue facing this job is the head coach having the ability to bring in elite assistants. Head coaches want their dudes to get paid now and I’m not sure FSU would be able to do that. That could deter some candidates from the job.

The biggest issue facing this job is the head coach having the ability to bring in elite assistants. Head coaches want their dudes to get paid now and I’m not sure FSU would be able to do that. That could deter some candidates from the job.

FSU raised 20 mil in private donations just for Taggert's buy out... The issue wouldn't be the new coach salary and assistant pool. It would be the buyout they would have to likely pay to get them away from their current program.