United Airlines Overbooks Flight, Then Drags Man Off Plane

Wireman

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on a United flight before when two passengers were asked to volunteer to take a later flight because they exceeded the weight limit. No person volunteered and they took the last two people that checked-in. It was an awkward scene... not as awkward as this one.

Overbooking is done on purpose, that's the only explanation. They know how many seats are on the plane.

Airlines get away with a ton of stuff that is infuriating, but because of the lack of cross-country and regional high speed rail service, they really have no competition for long-distance travel.

Overbooking shouldn't be allowed.

Once had my bags left behind by an airline on a direct flight. Found out later that they have a contract to carry mail cargo in the bellies of their planes. Can't prove it was my flight, but the luggage of 30 people doesn't get left on the ground in Louisville while the rest makes it because of an accident. Just infuriating.

Overbooking is done on purpose, that's the only explanation. They know how many seats are on the plane.

Airlines get away with a ton of stuff that is infuriating, but because of the lack of cross-country and regional high speed rail service, they really have no competition for long-distance travel.

Overbooking shouldn't be allowed.

Once had my bags left behind by an airline on a direct flight. Found out later that they have a contract to carry mail cargo in the bellies of their planes. Can't prove it was my flight, but the luggage of 30 people doesn't get left on the ground in Louisville while the rest makes it because of an accident. Just infuriating.

They need to stop the practice of overbooking immediately. They probably won't have an issue after this because many people will stop flying United now.

I'll continue to fly United if & when it is the cheapest & most direct route to my destination. Don't fool yourself, so will the majority of other people.