Harrison Twins...

OlDog75

Was in Dry Ridge about an hour ago. Saw a ton of cars and people around the Kentucky shop near the entrance to Walmart. Looked in and saw the Harrison Twins. Thought I read where they were supposed to be there yesterday signing autographs. Did they sign for two days? Copy I saw said nothing about them being there today. Also talked to a guy who gave me a piece of paper with the following:

Prices for Harrison Signing:

$20/per player for a personal item to be signed or an 8x10 for you to have signed by one player

$25/per player to receive a larger print to have signed

$75 for an autographed ball signed by both brothers

Supposed to be at the Cold Spring Barleycorn's Monday 6:30 - 8pm.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would think that would be the last place to sign and charge for autograph memorabilia where the average household income for Wal-Mart shoppers is $41,847. That's 8% below the $45,245 average income for the shopping universe. Maybe they should have gone to Dillard, Macy's or some high-end sports shop.

Last autograph I remember getting was Artis Gilmore in about 75 at the UC Armory when the KY Colonels played there.

I'm all for any player that can command a fee for his autograph. I'm sure they've signed thousands of freebies.

Last autograph I remember getting was Artis Gilmore in about 75 at the UC Armory when the KY Colonels played there.

I'm all for any player that can command a fee for his autograph. I'm sure they've signed thousands of freebies.

Agree completely. Just think about how many adults have been making money off of these kids their entire lives. It's about time they started getting some back.

However, it won't be from me. :cool:

Agree completely. Just think about how many adults have been making money off of these kids their entire lives. It's about time they started getting some back.

However, it won't be from me. :cool:

Agreed and agreed.

I tried to pay Clyde for his autograph when we met last month, but he wouldn't hear of it...

I still got the autograph, though.

I paid for a cab with a "Justin Timberlake autograph" one time. I told her no less than 20 times I wasn't JT, she insisted "that's what all the celebrities" say. I finally just gave in, scribbled something on a piece of paper, and gave her a hug.

I think it's cool to get autographs, especially for the kids, but I'll be darned if I ever pay a $20 spot for a signature. And don't get me wrong, if there's a market for it, they have the right to make the money. It just won't be from me. I think what bothers me the most is when NBA players come back to Kentucky and charge for autograph stops.

Got Jack Lambert and Lynn Swann at Mellon Bank in Pittsburgh. I'm sure they received compensation from the bank. Great day with my dad there. Never forget it.

Saw the Dominican National team play the UK legends at the Yum Center with two buddies a couple years ago. We were sitting right next to a UK recruit and his dad. Recruit had a line of adults waiting for his autograph and to pose for a picture. We joked about what kind of grown man would wait in line to get a pic with a kid who went to the prom 8 weeks earlier. Fast forward 8 months. Me and the same two buddies are watching UK beat Kansas for the title...kicking ourselves because we sat through the entire Dominican national game next to Anthony Davis and had a thousand opportunities to get our picture taken with him. But didn't. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: