Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison Twins...

Featured Replies

Was in Dry Ridge about an hour ago. Saw a ton of cars and people around the Kentucky shop near the entrance to Walmart. Looked in and saw the Harrison Twins. Thought I read where they were supposed to be there yesterday signing autographs. Did they sign for two days? Copy I saw said nothing about them being there today. Also talked to a guy who gave me a piece of paper with the following:

 

 

Prices for Harrison Signing:

 

$20/per player for a personal item to be signed or an 8x10 for you to have signed by one player

 

$25/per player to receive a larger print to have signed

 

$75 for an autographed ball signed by both brothers

 

Supposed to be at the Cold Spring Barleycorn's Monday 6:30 - 8pm.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that some of the signing prices around the state for some of the other UK players.

 

I am a UK fan, but I find this preposterous. I hate it on many levels.

I would think that would be the last place to sign and charge for autograph memorabilia where the average household income for Wal-Mart shoppers is $41,847. That's 8% below the $45,245 average income for the shopping universe. Maybe they should have gone to Dillard, Macy's or some high-end sports shop.

Wow.

I have never been a fan of signed stuff. Means nothing to me.

Times have changed since I had the Cats and Larry Bird, Sidney Moncrief, James Bailey, and David Greenwoods autograph in Danville back in '78

I just can't get into the autograph tour idea.

Last autograph I remember getting was Artis Gilmore in about 75 at the UC Armory when the KY Colonels played there.

 

I'm all for any player that can command a fee for his autograph. I'm sure they've signed thousands of freebies.

Last autograph I remember getting was Artis Gilmore in about 75 at the UC Armory when the KY Colonels played there.

 

I'm all for any player that can command a fee for his autograph. I'm sure they've signed thousands of freebies.

Agree completely. Just think about how many adults have been making money off of these kids their entire lives. It's about time they started getting some back.

 

However, it won't be from me. :cool:

Agree completely. Just think about how many adults have been making money off of these kids their entire lives. It's about time they started getting some back.

 

However, it won't be from me. :cool:

 

Agreed and agreed.

I tried to pay Clyde for his autograph when we met last month, but he wouldn't hear of it...

 

I still got the autograph, though.

I tried to pay Clyde for his autograph when we met last month, but he wouldn't hear of it...

 

I still got the autograph, though.

 

 

I'm a giver, bro.

I tried to pay Clyde for his autograph when we met last month, but he wouldn't hear of it...

 

I still got the autograph, though.

I paid for a cab with a "Justin Timberlake autograph" one time. I told her no less than 20 times I wasn't JT, she insisted "that's what all the celebrities" say. I finally just gave in, scribbled something on a piece of paper, and gave her a hug.

I think it's cool to get autographs, especially for the kids, but I'll be darned if I ever pay a $20 spot for a signature. And don't get me wrong, if there's a market for it, they have the right to make the money. It just won't be from me. I think what bothers me the most is when NBA players come back to Kentucky and charge for autograph stops.

Last autograph I remember getting was Artis Gilmore in about 75 at the UC Armory when the KY Colonels played there.

 

I'm all for any player that can command a fee for his autograph. I'm sure they've signed thousands of freebies.

Got Jack Lambert and Lynn Swann at Mellon Bank in Pittsburgh. I'm sure they received compensation from the bank. Great day with my dad there. Never forget it.

Saw the Dominican National team play the UK legends at the Yum Center with two buddies a couple years ago. We were sitting right next to a UK recruit and his dad. Recruit had a line of adults waiting for his autograph and to pose for a picture. We joked about what kind of grown man would wait in line to get a pic with a kid who went to the prom 8 weeks earlier. Fast forward 8 months. Me and the same two buddies are watching UK beat Kansas for the title...kicking ourselves because we sat through the entire Dominican national game next to Anthony Davis and had a thousand opportunities to get our picture taken with him. But didn't. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.