Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison Twins...

Featured Replies

Dickie V signed my final four program in Indy a few yrs back. Probably not worth anything but had it in my hand when I ran into him and his association to college hoops is pretty strong. Other than that I have a baseball signed by Paul Householder.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got Bootsy Collins autograph at Kentucky Speedway about 10 years ago. There weren't but a handful of people around him (he was leaving), so I got to chat for a few minutes.

I paid for a cab with a "Justin Timberlake autograph" one time. I told her no less than 20 times I wasn't JT, she insisted "that's what all the celebrities" say. I finally just gave in, scribbled something on a piece of paper, and gave her a hug.

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

$75 to Anthony Davis maybe, but I'm not sure about giving that to possible D Leaguers. But more power to them. I'd do the same thing.

I've got the 1978 UK team's autograph on a team picture somewhere in storage in my house. In those days they traveled around the state in the pre-season and scrimmaged. I saw them at the Breathitt Coliseum in Jackson.

I'm not paying for an autograph. Seems silly to me.

I'm not paying for an autograph. Seems silly to me.

 

No doubt. When I was younger, it may have appealed to me. Now, I'd rather just meet a guy, exchange pleasantries and be on my way. :idunno:

The one that really bothered me was last year or maybe the year before when Jeff Sheppard took UK players to an elementary school...then charged students for autographs (during a school day). That is just wrong IMO.

Hey I'm all for capitalism and making a buck with what ever abilities/talents you have...BUT...there just seems something a bit smarmy about college kids traveling around charging for autographs. If they make some money, good for them. It just won't be any of my money.

They should pay me to take their autographs. Besides, the only autograph I want is on a check.

I paid to get the Anthony Davis poster everyone went crazy about autographed, as well as a basketball.

 

Haven't ever paid for one before that and probably won't again.

 

I do like autographs. I think it's a neat thing to have in a den/sports/man room.

It can be a lot of fun for kids especially if the players talk and clown around with them a bit.

 

We forked out $20 last year for our youngest to meet some UofL bball players at the Florence Mall. The funny part is after the autograph session the UofL guys walked around the Florence Mall into the Food Court having a good time. Several people stopped and posed for a pic and/or an autograph with them, free o’ charge.

 

Lesson learned! That’s how I’m going about it next time. LOL

Didn't Malone Long and Lanter have a signing somewhere also?

Didn't Malone Long and Lanter have a signing somewhere also?

 

Yeah but they actually paid you $20 to let them sign.

  • Author
I would think that would be the last place to sign and charge for autograph memorabilia where the average household income for Wal-Mart shoppers is $41,847. That's 8% below the $45,245 average income for the shopping universe. Maybe they should have gone to Dillard, Macy's or some high-end sports shop.

 

I must clarify my earlier statement. They were NOT on Walmart property but in a strip mall near the road's entrance to get to Walmart. Sorry for the lousy description.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.