Arizona 70 Texas 69

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played back the 5 second count. Texas called timeout before the refs hand moved to the fifth second. Bogus call, result of Arizona being upset about no foul call on previous play.

You are not allowed to call timeout after 4 seconds.

I'm amazed at the lack of fundamentals in high-major college basketball these days. I was taught in junior pro basketball to have an internal clock and get that timeout before the whistle blows. In that situation, you don't take a chance - you call the timeout.

You are not allowed to call timeout after 4 seconds.

That may have been true years ago but there is no provision in the rulebook that says the above. You have 5 seconds to release the ball. A timeout can be called anytime prior to the violation.

Anyone else think that the Texas player might have been fouled after getting the rebound and trying to put it back up? I also think the guy driving the ball was fouled but thats my opinion...

Guy driving wasn't fouled. Johnson was fouled going up after the rebound, but time had already expired, so no foul.

That may have been true years ago but there is no provision in the rulebook that says the above. You have 5 seconds to release the ball. A timeout can be called anytime prior to the violation.

Then why do they say that all the time?