Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona 70 Texas 69

Featured Replies

^ He only traveled after the ref blew the whistle. He was complaining about the call.

 

Well in that case....

  • Replies 52
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we have discussed the rule about calling a TO after 4 seconds the official who made the call didn't claim that as his reason. He said he got to 5. I would have to question that one. Looked like he just hit 4 and went right to the "5" signal.

Texas should apply for membership to the Big East...

While we have discussed the rule about calling a TO after 4 seconds the official who made the call didn't claim that as his reason. He said he got to 5. I would have to question that one. Looked like he just hit 4 and went right to the "5" signal.

 

It was pretty clear the kid called a timeout before he got to 5.

Texas, Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Gonzaga, Purdue, & perhaps Syracuse comprise the teams you should be shot for picking to go too far in the NCAA's.

Here is a much better video of the backcourt violation call. The guy doing it does a nice job of showing rulebook language.

 

Note: He is not fully correct when he says that the part of the rule that says both feet and the ball must be over. That ONLY applies to a dribbler.

 

The rest is correct and it was clearly a blown call.

 

Here is a much better video of the backcourt violation call. The guy doing it does a nice job of showing rulebook language.

 

Note: He is not fully correct when he says that the part of the rule that says both feet and the ball must be over. That ONLY applies to a dribbler.

 

The rest is correct and it was clearly a blown call.

 

 

 

Thanks for the video. It shows that not only was it a blown call, but the player clearly wasn't aware of the rule either. Have the refs or their bosses addressed this anywhere that you've seen?

I had them in my Final Four like three straight years recently, but I have learned my lesson. I had Arizona ousting them.

 

I picked Oakland. :lol:

 

Regardless of the count, whether it was 5 or not, or the rules, as a player, I would be calling TO after 3. I wouldn't take the chance.

 

I don't blame Rick Barnes though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.