Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona 70 Texas 69

Featured Replies

  • Replies 52
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played back the 5 second count. Texas called timeout before the refs hand moved to the fifth second. Bogus call, result of Arizona being upset about no foul call on previous play.

Once again a player with an amazingly bad brain fart. Not calling a timeout before you get called for 5 seconds inbounding the ball.

I played back the 5 second count. Texas called timeout before the refs hand moved to the fifth second. Bogus call, result of Arizona being upset about no foul call on previous play.

 

You are not allowed to call timeout after 4 seconds.

I'm amazed at the lack of fundamentals in high-major college basketball these days. I was taught in junior pro basketball to have an internal clock and get that timeout before the whistle blows. In that situation, you don't take a chance - you call the timeout.

Congratulations to Coach Miller and Arizona on a big win. Many didn't expect Miller to win outside of Xavier and has definitely turned things around at a program that was starting to look sluggish at the time he got there.

Texas should never go deep in anyones bracket ever.

 

I had them in my Final Four like three straight years recently, but I have learned my lesson. I had Arizona ousting them.

Texas should never go deep in anyones bracket ever.

 

Like Pitt.

Anyone else think that the Texas player might have been fouled after getting the rebound and trying to put it back up? I also think the guy driving the ball was fouled but thats my opinion...

You are not allowed to call timeout after 4 seconds.

 

That may have been true years ago but there is no provision in the rulebook that says the above. You have 5 seconds to release the ball. A timeout can be called anytime prior to the violation.

Anyone else think that the Texas player might have been fouled after getting the rebound and trying to put it back up? I also think the guy driving the ball was fouled but thats my opinion...

 

Guy driving wasn't fouled. Johnson was fouled going up after the rebound, but time had already expired, so no foul.

Like Pitt.

 

Learned my lesson after this year, wont happen again. I had Texas losing to Oakland actually, they just came up about 5 points short.

That may have been true years ago but there is no provision in the rulebook that says the above. You have 5 seconds to release the ball. A timeout can be called anytime prior to the violation.

 

Then why do they say that all the time?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.