Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona 70 Texas 69

Featured Replies

Then why do they say that al the time?

 

Who is "they?"

  • Replies 52
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is "they?"

I hear it from analysts all the time. They just made mention of it in the post-game studio show as well.

I hear it from analysts all the time. They just made mention of it in the post-game studio show as well.

 

If you do not study the rulebook on a regular basis it's difficult to know the intricacies of the rulebook especially as it changes. Heck, not all officials know the rulebook well enough. So to expect an analyst, coach, writer, fan, or player to know the rules intimately is not realistic. The best analyst I've heard when it comes to knowing the real rulebook is Jay Bilas.

Is it an unwritten rule? Must be. I have heard it multiple times.

 

If you ever hear it from an official ask him to point it out in the rulebook.

I have never understood why it would be a rule. Looks like you need to put on a seminar for the NCAA officials. : D

Why did the Texas player call a TO after getting the rebound with the lead?

 

He called for a TO well before 5 seconds IMO

 

The shooter got fouled and the rebounder was fouled before time expired but they weren't that bad and I understand why they weren't called.

Why did the Texas player call a TO after getting the rebound with the lead?

 

He called for a TO well before 5 seconds IMO

 

The shooter got fouled and the rebounder was fouled before time expired but they weren't that bad and I understand why they weren't called.

 

I just didn't see a foul with time on the clock...

What? I turned this game off and went back to working on my TPA thinking Texas had won. Rick Barnes is bad IMO. He wastes more talent each season than most coaches see in a decade.

I hear it from analysts all the time. They just made mention of it in the post-game studio show as well.

 

Gametime is going to be crushed when a "girls JV ref" knew this but a "national guy" didn't.

Gametime is going to be crushed when a "girls JV ref" knew this but a "national guy" didn't.

 

Ken Pomeroy tweeted that the refs blew the over and back call in the Syracuse game. Did you see the play? Was the call correct?

Ken Pomeroy tweeted that the refs blew the over and back call in the Syracuse game. Did you see the play? Was the call correct?

 

Nope. Didn't watch it. What happened?

Nope. Didn't watch it. What happened?

 

Read his tweet that said it was on a throw-in situation. The backcourt(over and back) violation cannot occur on a throw-in or a jump ball. However, if the throw-in was tipped by a defender first then the normal rules apply.

Read his tweet that said it was on a throw-in situation. The backcourt(over and back) violation cannot occur on a throw-in or a jump ball. However, if the throw-in was tipped by a defender first then the normal rules apply.

 

I don't think it was tipped. The throw was close to the line and as the player caught the ball he had one foot touch the line. I don't know the rule.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.