How bad is the Syracuse situation going to get?

mexitucky

I agree that if this is all true Boehiem is going to look BAD.
I agree as well hb20. I keep hoping that since this came up just after all the PSU trtavesty that it was just some kind of "copy cat" wanting their 15 minutes of fame but now not so sure. Now there is controverrsey over the tape/video of the wife/alleged victim saying that it was "doctored" to say what was not there. I don't know, should all of this be proven then yes, imo Boehiem is on thin ice at the very best.

I just find it all too sickining to even post anything on.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this is just so sickining it is really beyond comporehension or words for me to post much if any on. I didn't post at all on any of the PSU/Paterno allegations and that sick and disgusting situation. This one along with the other is just, to me anyway, too sick and dissapointing to even post on.

Hearing all of this about one of the most respected and legendary college footall coaches of all time in Joe Paterno really hit me hard. Now these allegations on the much respected Syracuse basketball program and a coach like Jim Boehiem is really too dissapointing to even post anything else on at all.

I am not trying to be dramatic or go on a church service at all but I have to say that I pray for all of this to turn around and look more to God in any and all areas of our lives. From the White House to to outhouse this country is morally bankrupt.

He made his comments before that tape came out. Since that tape has came out he has changed his comments and basically admitted he was wrong. However I see nothing wrong with what he said before that. As I said before he just like anyone else usually believed his close friend. He had been around the guy 30 plus years, and probably feels like he knows him pretty well. So if your friend says it's not true, your going to believe them and back them up. Especially since the same person tried it in 2002 and nothing came of it. So probably made him think even more that it was not true, and the guy was just trying to make money off it. Since it came up again right after the Penn State situation.

He was backing up a friend, a friend who seemed like he was innocent since nothing came of it in 2002. So no it is not as bad that he said that. If he said that after hearing that tape, then you would have a point. Which he has now changed that, since there is that tape.

He still might be fired, might point is that it is not as sure of a thing as you seem to think.

I have no problem with him supporting his friend, but he should have chosen his words better. He could have supported his friend without calling the victims liars.

From what I've seen/read, I thought the FBI had authenticated the tape....Colin Cowherd is a moron. He's on his show trying to justify why ESPN sat on the tape and didn't forward it on to authorities back in 03' or whenever it was.

ESPN has been all over the Penn State scandal, many of their announcers criticizing Paterno and others for not doing more, for not telling law enforcement. No two cases are identical, but it is interesting to learn that they themselves sat on evidence of a potential child abuse case. Do they hold themselves to the same standard?

He won't be the coach too much longer.

The Chancellor says otherwise, saying that he is their coach. So once again yes he could still end up being fired, but it is not as definite as you seem to think. I wouldn't be surprised if they let him finish the year, and then have the coach in waiting take over.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7294611/bernie-fine-case-jim-boeheim-gets-support-syracuse-orange-chancellor-nancy-cantor

The Chancellor says otherwise, saying that he is their coach. So once again yes he could still end up being fired, but it is not as definite as you seem to think. I wouldn't be surprised if they let him finish the year, and then have the coach in waiting take over.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7294611/bernie-fine-case-jim-boeheim-gets-support-syracuse-orange-chancellor-nancy-cantor

Great. Who is the coach in waiting? Isn't that the same thing as firing him? He obviously might make it to April, but he won't be back next year and he's not leaving on his terms no matter what IMO. I'd be surprised if he makes it to April though.

By the way getting a vote of confidence usually ends up meaning you're gone.

So, let me get this straight. ESPN had the recorded phone conversation since 2003 and didn't go to authorities b/c they didn't feel it was their place to go to authorities w/ evidence that they accumulate themselves. Then the reporter says that they didn't release the tapes on TV b/c they didn't witness it themselves. So, when does ESPN and this reporter start catching heat? This is no better that what Joe PA did

So, let me get this straight. ESPN had the recorded phone conversation since 2003 and didn't go to authorities b/c they didn't feel it was their place to go to authorities w/ evidence that they accumulate themselves. Then the reporter says that they didn't release the tapes on TV b/c they didn't witness it themselves. So, when does ESPN and this reporter start catching heat? This is no better that what Joe PA did
Maybe one of our journalists or journalism majors on here can help us. My understanding is that ESPN or the Syracuse newspaper reporter did not report on it was because they could not corroborate the story. Not sure what type of integrity bounds would be breached? I am not condoning what they did or did not do, but I would be willing to bet people in the journalism field get fed tons of information we never hear about. Again, maybe someone can clarify the do's and don'ts of journalism protocol.

Maybe one of our journalists or journalism majors on here can help us. My understanding is that ESPN or the Syracuse newspaper reporter did not report on it was because they could not corroborate the story. Not sure what type of integrity bounds would be breached? I am not condoning what they did or did not do, but I would be willing to bet people in the journalism field get fed tons of information we never hear about. Again, maybe someone can clarify the do's and don'ts of journalism protocol.

Isn't that for the authority to look into. I mean, what's there to figure out besides whether that is Fine's wife's voice. If it is, that's an admission, at worst against her. There is no journalist privilege, so they can't hide behind that. The only thing that I can think of, is that at the time of this taped conversation, the victim was already an adult. Maybe that relieved ESPN of the duty?

Great. Who is the coach in waiting? Isn't that the same thing as firing him? He obviously might make it to April, but he won't be back next year and he's not leaving on his terms no matter what IMO. I'd be surprised if he makes it to April though.

By the way getting a vote of confidence usually ends up meaning you're gone.

Thats why I said it could still happen, because the vote of confidence doesn't always mean much. Which by the way the coach in waiting has been a done deal since 2007, so it's not like they just came up with it now because of this situation. Your doing a good job back tracking now though man, especially since you are seeing that I am right. Which is that it is not a definite as you seemed to think that he will be gone. Especially as definite as you were making it sound like, like how it would be soon. I never said it wouldn't happen, all I have said you are wrong in thinking it was a for sure thing because it definitely is not.