How bad is the Syracuse situation going to get?

mexitucky

Which is why he shouldn't have spoke up. Fine was at the very least a strange bird that had this young kid stay in his hotel room on road trips. That isn't normal behavior for an adult male.

That doesn't mean Boeheim knew what was going on in the room. If my best friend/co worker had a young kid/teenager staying in his room and I knew about it I wouldn't think my best friend is molesting the kid.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a catch 22. If he doesn't say a word then he's accused of a cover up.

Disagree. He could have said he didn't know what the accusations or the evidence are so I'm not speaking on that. He humiliated the guy and called him a liar while standing behind the accused without knowing fully if the accusations were credible. Totally different.

That doesn't mean Boeheim knew what was going on in the room. If my best friend/co worker had a young kid/teenager staying in his room and I knew about it I wouldn't think my best friend is molesting the kid.

Maybe not, but it is weird. If that same kid later accuses your buddy of molesting him aren't you at least wondering why your buddy was holed up in a hotel room with a young kid and not bashing the kid without knowing what is being accused?

Maybe not, but it is weird. If that same kid later accuses your buddy of molesting him aren't you at least wondering why your buddy was holed up in a hotel room with a young kid and not bashing the kid without knowing what is being accused?

If my best friend denied the accusations then I would bash the crap out of the kid. I am assuming at the time when Boeheim bashed the kid he had already spoken with Fine about it.

If I didn't know and was responding to the allegations I am 100% certain I would bash the kid. No one wants to think someone they have known so closely for decades would do something of this nature. I would be no different and would back my best friend 100% without knowing the facts without having to ask him anything. If the facts came out that my best friend was guilty then I would definitely backtrack and go out of my way to apologize and make amends with those I may have affected.

And find a new best friend.

I don't think I should lose my job for it though.

If my best friend denied the accusations then I would bash the crap out of the kid. I am assuming at the time when Boeheim bashed the kid he had already spoken with Fine about it.

If I didn't know and was responding to the allegations I am 100% certain I would bash the kid. No one wants to think someone they have known so closely for decades would do something of this nature. I would be no different and would back my best friend 100% without knowing the facts without having to ask him anything. If the facts came out that my best friend was guilty then I would definitely backtrack and go out of my way to apologize and make amends with those I may have affected.

And find a new best friend.

I don't think I should lose my job for it though.

Don't know what you do for a living but I'm assuming your job and Boeheim's are different. It has always been my opinion what he did as a public figure destroying a guy who could possibly have been sexually assaulted as a kid by an assistant coach of his, and later backed up by the accused's wife, was a fire-able offense. Obviously Syracuse disagreed with me from the get go. I was wrong.

Don't know what you do for a living but I'm assuming your job and Boeheim's are different. It has always been my opinion what he did as a public figure destroying a guy who could possibly have been sexually assaulted as a kid by an assistant coach of his, and later backed up by the accused's wife, was a fire-able offense. Obviously Syracuse disagreed with me from the get go. I was wrong.

I was speaking as if my job was of the same profile of Boeheim's.

I agreed with Syracuse and how they handled the situation.