Carson Palmer Watch

People talk about the contract as if it's some sacred document. It's not. If an owner has the ability to get out of a contract by simply releasing the player, then I don't have a problem with a player not playing to basically do the same. It's much better than a player just showing up to cash a check and mailing in the effort.

I don't know what all was discussed when the contract was signed (and neither does anybody else on here!), but I can only guess that there may have been some "good faith" issues that Carson felt may not be addressed during the remainder of his contract. And he played the only card he had. Some, obviously, do not like the way he handled it. But, IMO, it was a much better way to go about it than what Favre did to Minnesota for a couple of years. Carson gave the Bengals darn near as much advance notice as you could get. (It allowed them to focus on the issue in the draft) He did not feed into a media firestorm about the issue, and create any unnecessary distractions for his rookie replacement. And he kept himself in reasonable shape, which kept his trade value high, just in case a suitor did approach Mike Brown with an unbelievable offer.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player can only be named a franchise player two years in a row. The second year must include at least a 10 percent increase over his previous salary or the average of the top five players at his position, whichever is higher. A player cannot be given a franchise player tag three years in a row.

Read more: NFL Franchise Tag Rules | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5156777_nfl-franchise-tag-rules.html#ixzz1bervXPC7

I had never heard that before. Thanks for the info. Could that be part of the new deal or has that always been the case?

Never thought ehow would have better info on the NFL than NFL.com

I had never heard that before. Thanks for the info. Could that be part of the new deal or has that always been the case?

Never thought ehow would have better info on the NFL than NFL.com

I'm not 100% sure if that is with the new deal or not. I always thought you couldn't do it more than twice so I was wondering myself.

Even with only playing the second half, Palmer looks as if he picked back up right where he left off with Cincinnati. It was quick and he, as well as the rest of the team have two weeks to prepare more. There may be some improvement, but I don't think anything significant will change.

This is going to be so much fun. Who knew we'd have so much fun with the Raiders.:lol:

Mal you will hurt any credibility you had if you want to use this game to support your argument. Other than that I have nothing to say really about it. I didn't expect him to do that well. That first pick was all him, even though he has been out for awhile. He has been in the league long enough to where he should have been able to recognize the cover 2. Besides that though he had some really good passes where he fit it in tough places, and he had some bad passes. The guy had 3 days to learn the offense, and to learn his receivers. As I mentioned before Peyton Manning even looked normal two years ago to start the year when he had no presseason to get warmed up with.

We can evaluate better as the season goes on. Remember the Raiders are a team who will run the ball. When Palmer was in they were down 21 to 0 already, and know McFadden. So they knew the Raiders would be passing a lot. If he is still doing that after more time in the offense, and having a running game to mix with it then it will be a problem. However for anyone to make a judgement off of this is just plain stupid. I wil say though I am sure you all loved it! Haha

Mal you will hurt any credibility you had if you want to use this game to support your argument. Other than that I have nothing to say really about it. I didn't expect him to do that well. That first pick was all him, even though he has been out for awhile. He has been in the league long enough to where he should have been able to recognize the cover 2. Besides that though he had some really good passes where he fit it in tough places, and he had some bad passes. The guy had 3 days to learn the offense, and to learn his receivers. As I mentioned before Peyton Manning even looked normal two years ago to start the year when he had no presseason to get warmed up with.

We can evaluate better as the season goes on. Remember the Raiders are a team who will run the ball. When Palmer was in they were down 21 to 0 already, and know McFadden. So they knew the Raiders would be passing a lot. If he is still doing that after more time in the offense, and having a running game to mix with it then it will be a problem. However for anyone to make a judgement off of this is just plain stupid. I wil say though I am sure you all loved it! Haha

Post# 11...

• 2 weeks later...