November 7, 201114 yr Author That is an interesting tid bit because others have said Seattle offered more than that. As far as the game the three picks are obviously a concern. I don't know why it's not expected now though. Drew Brees leads the league by a good margin for most picks the last two years and nobody is saying he isn't good. Just passing along what was reported yesterday. As far as Brees, I have a hard time making that comparison.
November 7, 201114 yr Just passing along what was reported yesterday. As far as Brees, I have a hard time making that comparison. I never said you were making it up all I said it was interesting. I was just saying that a couple weeks ago it was reported that Seattle offered two 2nd round picks, but that might have been the offseason and this might be before the deadline. Obviously Brees is way better now. Just pointing out that he has a ton of INT's and he's looked at as very good to great. Anyone who doesn't give Palmer a little bit of a break for playing for the owner he does isn't giving him a fair shake. I think it's obvious to everyone he isn't as good as he was in 05-06. I'm not sure what the reason is, but two major injuries including one to his throwing arm might be the reason.
November 7, 201114 yr 1) He isn't making that "tid bit" up, it was all over ESPN yesterday morning. 2) That's because Brees wins at a very high percentage despite those picks, whereas Palmer loses at a high percentage. Did I say he did? Thanks for jumping in. How has your boy Fitzpatrick looked since you touted him?
November 7, 201114 yr Did I say he did? Thanks for jumping in. How has your boy Fitzpatrick looked since you touted him? He's looked like an average QB. Or in other words, much better than your obsession. :lol:
November 7, 201114 yr He's looked like an average QB. Or in other words, much better than your obsession. :lol: Palmer hasn't played well. I'm not denying that. I said we would find out if he was still any good or not. He hasn't looked good so far, but I'd say the official decision hasn't been made yet. They lost a game they had to win yesterday IMO to justify the trade. If they can't win this Thursday he and Hue Jackson might be in trouble after this season. No doubt he has looked below average. In 09 the Gals had no problem with him leading the way though. Your list is kind of funny to me though.
November 7, 201114 yr :lol: Were you not the one who said after the bye week was when people could start judging his play? He looked like garbage. I can't think of a single NFL team that would be happy with their QB throwing 3 picks in a game, not one. He is washed up and wouldn't start for the majority of teams in this league. He definitely would start over some of the guys you listed. Also if you look back at the very beginning, you would even see where I talked about how it will take a few weeks to give a complete fair judgement. I mean that is fine to go ahead an evaluate him now, it's stupid to do but you can. I mean your argument is based on a guy who been on a couch for 9 months, and only with a team for three weeks with no preseason games too. As I said before Peyton even looked normal three years ago the first four or five games of the year after not having a preseason to warm up. However to act like you are right based on this right now is just wrong. I mean even with all that he did have a lot of good moments in the game a long with the bad moments. Now if he doesn't stop the bad moments after a few more weeks of getting to play, then there would be really no argument I can make.
November 7, 201114 yr 1) He isn't making that "tid bit" up, it was all over ESPN yesterday morning. 2) That's because Brees wins at a very high percentage despite those picks, whereas Palmer loses at a high percentage. Which your a guy who seems to be all over the Bengals franchise and how it is ran. Yet you expect that he should have overcame that? If you compare the two franchises and how they are ran, you probably would easily take Saints and how they are ran correct? You probably would easily have taken Sean Peyton calling the plays over Bratkowski correct? You probably would have easily taken the teams they have to play in the division twice a year over the teams the Bengals play twice a year correct? Yet you want to act like Palmer should have still been able to win like Brees? Drew Brees is better, I am not arguing that. However the main thing people say about Palmer is he throws interceptions, well so does Brees. So going by that, then I guess you would have to say Brees is just better cause of the organization he is in?
November 7, 201114 yr I watched the entire game. It is what it is. Oakland was in a great spot for a playoff run a couple of weeks ago. Now not so great. Another interesting tid bit that came out, was the best offer the Bengals had for Palmer was a 3rd round selection. Oakland got hosed on the deal. Hue Jackson will take immense heat if Palmer doesn't play better, and win some games. As for his play yesterday? I think inconsistent at best is where he is. I guess that can be expected for a short period, but 6 picks in a game and a half is kind of hard to ignore. 3 picks came in a game he should have never played. As for the playoffs, aren't they still tied for first? They just hurt themselves by not being able to get gain a game over the other teams in the division.
November 7, 201114 yr Which your a guy who seems to be all over the Bengals franchise and how it is ran. Yet you expect that he should have overcame that? If you compare the two franchises and how they are ran, you probably would easily take Saints and how they are ran correct? You probably would easily have taken Sean Peyton calling the plays over Bratkowski correct? You probably would have easily taken the teams they have to play in the division twice a year over the teams the Bengals play twice a year correct? Yet you want to act like Palmer should have still been able to win like Brees? Drew Brees is better, I am not arguing that. However the main thing people say about Palmer is he throws interceptions, well so does Brees. So going by that, then I guess you would have to say Brees is just better cause of the organization he is in? I didn't bring Brees up, one of your fellow Carson apologists did. At some point FC, you are going to run out of excuses. You keep using the same worn out excuses for everything that ever happened bad with Carson. At the end of the day, it's simple. If he was an above average or elite QB he would have performed despite the OC. He didn't, it's that simple.
November 7, 201114 yr Author 3 picks came in a game he should have never played. As for the playoffs, aren't they still tied for first? They just hurt themselves by not being able to get gain a game over the other teams in the division. They have just lost two straight division games, the last to the last place team at home. 4-2 when he arrived. 4-4 now. He was not the main culprit in yesterday's debacle. Oakland's defense was atrocious. But throwing three picks doesn't help them either. Let's see what happens next week in San Diego. Rivers has been throwin it to the wrong team a lot also.
November 7, 201114 yr They have just lost two straight division games, the last to the last place team at home. 4-2 when he arrived. 4-4 now. He was not the main culprit in yesterday's debacle. Oakland's defense was atrocious. But throwing three picks doesn't help them either. Let's see what happens next week in San Diego. Rivers has been throwin it to the wrong team a lot also. Agreed. Big week. Even though Carson can say he's still adjusting he has no more time. They brought him in to win a division that's down. He had the bye. The circumstances aren't perfect, but he put himself in this position by making his demands. It's put up or retire time IMO.
November 7, 201114 yr I didn't bring Brees up, one of your fellow Carson apologists did. At some point FC, you are going to run out of excuses. You keep using the same worn out excuses for everything that ever happened bad with Carson. At the end of the day, it's simple. If he was an above average or elite QB he would have performed despite the OC. He didn't, it's that simple. I don't understand the name calling. Find one post in here where I'm an apologist. I don't go out of my way to support him like you do to bash him. I've been critical, but you're so blinded by your disdain of CP that you resort to name calling. Noted.
November 7, 201114 yr ^Would you have preferred me to say "Carson supporters"? It's the same thing. :idunno:
November 7, 201114 yr I didn't bring Brees up, one of your fellow Carson apologists did. At some point FC, you are going to run out of excuses. You keep using the same worn out excuses for everything that ever happened bad with Carson. At the end of the day, it's simple. If he was an above average or elite QB he would have performed despite the OC. He didn't, it's that simple. One day you also will realize that the "excuses" as you say are very realistic. It's not hard to see that you could have taken many top QB's Brady, Manning, etc and they would have done as well as they have if they were in this organization. You very well may end up being right. However you are wrong to act like your point has been proven right based on how he performed in his third week with the team. I said from the moment he got there it will take him a few games to fairly evaluate him. So far he did get better from his first game to his second game with them. Was it good? No it was not, however it was better. He had 300 yards and three touchdowns. Which is not bad for only being with them three weeks with no preseason. However he did have a lot of mistakes to obviously. The key is watching if he gets better week to week with them. If he doesn't then, your point will be right.
November 7, 201114 yr Agreed. Big week. Even though Carson can say he's still adjusting he has no more time. They brought him in to win a division that's down. He had the bye. The circumstances aren't perfect, but he put himself in this position by making his demands. It's put up or retire time IMO. Retire time? He is only 31 years old. Kolb has looked completely horrible and he even had a preseason with them and Fitz to throw too. Should he retire too? No matter what as long as his heart is in the game, he should not retire just cause he is struggling. The only thing with him struggling would do is cost their HC a job.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.