Carson Palmer Watch

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how anybody would have expected anything different? The guys been on the couch the entire off season/pre season/regular season. I know he may have been working out to stay in shape, especially during the lockout in case he did end up getting traded before the season started but once the season got going and once the deadline approached I'm sure Palmer probably packed it in a little bit and just gave up on having a chance to play this year. I don't care if he had been doing two a days at the local fitness center, you cannot come in with three days of practice after not taking a single snap since last season and be effective in the National Football League, just doesn't happen. Add to the fact he was probably no where ready fitness wise then you have what happened today. I'm not going to go ahead and throw in the towel on this experiment for the Raiders because no one can predict how Palmer will fair once he actually gets into football condition and once he actually gets a firm grasp on the system. To think he was going to play today and actually do anything is just absurd, he should not have even been on the field today. I could see having this week, next week during the bye, then the entire week after that then maybe hes ready. Three or four days to come in and try to do something in the National Football League, not a chance. Guess that just shows how pitiful Kyle Boller actually is.

Talk about being put in position to fail. He admitted Friday that he didn't know the offense well enough to start. There's not a QB on the planet that could come in to a new system for 6 days and be successful, down 21, throwing as much as possible.

Weak to rip on him, IMO. Funny how everyone hates Mike Brown but when a guy tries to get away from him, you bang on him too. Again, I hope Carson tears it up.

^ Players aren't forced to sign 100 Mil$ extensions. He could have turned it down and been on his way as a free agent.

Please let's not act like he would have ever been a free agent. He signed for the big money yeah, but they would have franchise tagged him to death. They would have done it this year even after last years bad performance. Why do people skip that clear fact?

Please let's not act like he would have ever been a free agent. He signed for the big money yeah, but they would have franchise tagged him to death. They would have done it this year even after last years bad performance. Why do people skip that clear fact?

Because it ruins their reason to complain.

A player can only be named a franchise player two years in a row. The second year must include at least a 10 percent increase over his previous salary or the average of the top five players at his position, whichever is higher. A player cannot be given a franchise player tag three years in a row.

Read more: NFL Franchise Tag Rules | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5156777_nfl-franchise-tag-rules.html#ixzz1bervXPC7