Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Palmer Watch

Featured Replies

I'm glad to see that almost everyone has come to their senses about CP. Now if you guys just would have listened 3 year ago.....

 

I'm just happy Hue Jackson didn't see your opinion.

  • Replies 214
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Palmer was one of the 2 or 3 worst in the NFL at interceptions. I guess his receivers kept running the wrong routes. He threw about 1 pick in every 20 attempts. Although, Jason Campbell threw to the same receivers and was one of the better QB's in the NFL in interceptions, only throwing one INT every 40 attempts. Hmmmm ......

 

See that is where you would be wrong! I was not going to mention this, but since you wanted to bring it up. Palmer played with a completely different team on offense than what Campbell had. For one he had McFadden who gives the big plays, which means you don't have to sustain drives and less chance for turnovers. Two of the three top Raider receivers in Moore and TJ Ford missed at least 4 games once Palmer started to start, and Ford I believe actually only played 2 games with Palmer and he was one of the big play threats in the air.

 

So if your going to say things then at least get your facts right. It was not the same players Campbell had, in fact you seen how Palmer actually started to play better once Moore returned at Receiver last week. I admit Palmer did not play consistent that is why I am even saying if he doesn't get it done next year then his time as a starting QB might be over.

See that is where you would be wrong! I was not going to mention this, but since you wanted to bring it up. Palmer played with a completely different team on offense than what Campbell had. For one he had McFadden who gives the big plays, which means you don't have to sustain drives and less chance for turnovers. Two of the three top Raider receivers in Moore and TJ Ford missed at least 4 games once Palmer started to start, and Ford I believe actually only played 2 games with Palmer and he was one of the big play threats in the air.

 

So if your going to say things then at least get your facts right. It was not the same players Campbell had, in fact you seen how Palmer actually started to play better once Moore returned at Receiver last week. I admit Palmer did not play consistent that is why I am even saying if he doesn't get it done next year then his time as a starting QB might be over.

 

Last week with Moore back he threw 2 INT in 26 attempts. But you make some good points in general about the personnel and injuries. Still, my guess is Palmer will throw 20+ INT's next year and the INT's last year in Cincy weren't the receivers' fault.

Last week with Moore back he threw 2 INT in 26 attempts. But you make some good points in general about the personnel and injuries. Still, my guess is Palmer will throw 20+ INT's next year and the INT's last year in Cincy weren't the receivers' fault.

 

Hey I guarntee that even though Palmer quit on them, that most of them including the coaches would still say that a lot of the interceptions were not all on him. Remember the team wanted Palmer back, it was the receivers they wanted gone, also remember the OC is another one they wanted gone. Palmer is someone they wanted back, so I do think there was more than what met the eye when it came to interceptions and mistakes last year with the Bengals. However you are right he very well could throw 20+ interceptions next year, and I even admitted if he fails to get it done next year. His career as a starter might be over. Next year is a make or break year for him and Jackson. No excuses they have to get it done next year, or they both are probably done.

I'm glad to see that almost everyone has come to their senses about CP. Now if you guys just would have listened 3 year ago.....

 

No one has ever said he was top shelf. He's average. Why would we listen? The two years before this were solid, middle of the road seasons. Who was available that would have come to the Bengals and done better in those seasons?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.