October 5, 201115 yr I heard someone talking this morning on Mike and Mike and he said that the Rangers are probably hoping to face the Yankees, not the Tigers. He said that is because they fear the Tigers' starting pitching more than the Yankees' starting pitching.
October 5, 201115 yr I heard someone talking this morning on Mike and Mike and he said that the Rangers are probably hoping to face the Yankees, not the Tigers. He said that is because they fear the Tigers' starting pitching more than the Yankees' starting pitching. That is fine. As a Yankee fan I don't care who the Yanks play should they get there. I just want a shot at #28!
October 5, 201115 yr I love the Yankees and any fan knows that AJ is a bad pitcher. He cashed in from the Yanks by dominating them while in Toronto. Especially for what he is being paid. Statistically speaking I heard not too long ago for his place in the rotation for the Yankees he was the Yanks worst starting pitcher ever (given the amount of starts he has had). He can have great stuff like he did last night, but he could also put up the worst clunkers of anyone in the majors. I hope he turns it on though and deals like he did last night for the rest of his Yankees career and shuts me up. I agree that AJ cashed in by dominating the Yankees. However I don't think that he is a bad pitcher, I will say that he is never "middle ground". When AJ doesn't have it he is really bad and has been most of this season. When he is "on" he can dominate opponets. I can honestly say that while most Yankee fan were worried before game 4 I wasn't. I honestly felt that AJ would come through. Probably one of the few times I was right,lol.
October 5, 201115 yr I agree that AJ cashed in by dominating the Yankees. However I don't think that he is a bad pitcher, I will say that he is never "middle ground". When AJ doesn't have it he is really bad and has been most of this season. When he is "on" he can dominate opponets. I can honestly say that while most Yankee fan were worried before game 4 I wasn't. I honestly felt that AJ would come through. Probably one of the few times I was right,lol. He is one of those pitchers that when you expect the least from him, he will come up big. And on the other hand when you expect greatness you get the complete opposite.
October 6, 201115 yr He is one of those pitchers that when you expect the least from him, he will come up big. And on the other hand when you expect greatness you get the complete opposite.I know what you're saying. Thats why I said that he is either very good or very bad, no middle ground with him.
October 7, 201115 yr We have to punch in another runner when we have bases loaded and 1 out on two separate occasions in Game 5. Yanks blew this one!
October 7, 201115 yr Love it! Could we possibly see a Cards-Tigers World Series again this year like in 2006?
October 7, 201115 yr Love it! Could we possibly see a Cards-Tigers World Series again this year like in 2006?And 1968, which I remember painfully well.
October 7, 201115 yr MLB cannot be happy that the NYY are out. Milwaukee/Detroit or Texas is not going to rate well.
October 7, 201115 yr :clap: :clap: One down ... one to go. The Yankees are out. If the Cardinals lose to the Phillies, I will be able to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the post season.
October 7, 201115 yr MLB cannot be happy that the NYY are out. Milwaukee/Detroit or Texas is not going to rate well. Papa can, though. What a great end to a great birthday!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.