Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Tigers vs Yankees Results

Featured Replies

Much of the criticism will be heaped on A-Rod, and perhaps rightfully so; but Teixeira was just as ineffective.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLB cannot be happy that the NYY are out.

 

Milwaukee/Detroit or Texas is not going to rate well.

 

If Philadelphia loses tonight, I can foresee ESPN just completely quitting covering baseball this year. I mean, with no Yankees, Red Sox, or Phillies, they won't have anything to talk about.

Much of the criticism will be heaped on A-Rod, and perhaps rightfully so; but Teixeira was just as ineffective.
I concur. A-Rod has been injured most of the year and not very productive even while on the field so it should not be much of a shock. Plus for his tendency to go belly-up in big moments it was the perfect storm for him. The Yanks were at their best when he was not in the lineup this year, imo.

I tip my Yankee cap tp Jim Leyland and the Tigers. Leyland is one of if not the best manager in MLB.

Detoit stepped up in the clutch trough the entire series an flat out deserved the series win. I hope they go ahead and take the AL pennant and the World Series, the only other NL team left that I might lke to see win is the Brewers.

As for this game, plenty of people are questioning Girardi and all the pitching moves and I can understand some of it. Taking Hughes out so early was the only thing that I really questioned. After Soriano the pitching gave up one run the rest of the way.

What imo got my Yankees beat is the failure to hit with risp, that was the story of this game. 3 for 11 out of the big guns, A-Rod k's in big situations along with others not getting the clutch hit.

Congrats to the Tigers, too many men left on base.
:thumb: Nailed it. That was the story. After game 4, I thought they would go back to NY and really come out strong and win.

 

We have to punch in another runner when we have bases loaded and 1 out on two separate occasions in Game 5. Yanks blew this one!

 

I agree, that was only one big chance the Yanks had out of several and they cannot get it done on any. End of story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to Leyland and the Tigers, I wouldn't mind them winning it all.

Lets face it.....Anyone But Larussa and the Cardinals (whiney birds)!

MLB cannot be happy that the NYY are out.

 

Milwaukee/Detroit or Texas is not going to rate well.

Selig has to be praying right now that Philly or St. Louis make it to the WS. Even though Philly was part of the then lowest rated WS ever they at least have somewhat of a national flare about them with star power. St. Louis kind of the same with a huge regional following. MLB has had some pitifully low rated World Series lately.

Edited by bugatti

MLB has had some pitifully low rated World Series lately.

 

I still think that has more to do with slow game times, late starts, and lack of interesting players than it does with markets. Certainly markets help, but there has to be a product draw. And while attendance at MLB games is good, that's more because people enjoy the night out. It's a different animal watching on TV and it really seems like baseball does more to drive people away from TV rather than come to it.

I always enjoy seeing the Yankees get knocked out of the playoffs.

 

I agree with others that the offense let them down in this series. They had a couple of big games, which probably makes the overall numbers look pretty good, but they just didn't get it done in the losses.

 

Detroit scored 17 runs in 5 games. The Yankees scored 28, 19 in the two wins and 9 in the three losses.

 

I thought it was a huge break for the Yankees to avoid having to face Verlander twice, but that now sets up nice for the Tigers. I'm not sure about the scheduling, but I assume he'll be going in the first or second game, meaning he'll be in position to pitch twice in the ALCS. I think this Rangers/Tigers series will be a good one.

I thought it was a huge break for the Yankees to avoid having to face Verlander twice, but that now sets up nice for the Tigers. I'm not sure about the scheduling, but I assume he'll be going in the first or second game, meaning he'll be in position to pitch twice in the ALCS. I think this Rangers/Tigers series will be a good one.

 

They said last night he would be pitching Game 1 on Saturday. I guess he'd then be setup to pitch Game 5 (if necessary) on Thursday of next week.

Selig has to be praying right now that Philly or St. Louis make it to the WS.
Just one more reason that I am wanting the Brewers to go.

10 LOB's and you lose by 1, I wonder if Joe is in trouble?

  • Author
I still think that has more to do with slow game times, late starts, and lack of interesting players than it does with markets. Certainly markets help, but there has to be a product draw. And while attendance at MLB games is good, that's more because people enjoy the night out. It's a different animal watching on TV and it really seems like baseball does more to drive people away from TV rather than come to it.

 

I forgot where I read it, but the overnight ratings of the Colts/Bucs regular season game Monday night, more than doubled those of the Yanks/Tigers playoff game. Not only a regular season game, but the Colts and Bucs.

It's crazy how popular football is compared to other sports. I'll be honest. I had little interest in the Colts/Bucs game, but I watched a little of it. I completely forgot about the baseball playoffs.

10 LOB's and you lose by 1, I wonder if Joe is in trouble?

 

It would be terrible if Girardi were in trouble but it is New York. It probably helps him that Boston is out also. That would really grate on the Yankee nation if Boston were still in and the Yankees were out.

It's crazy how popular football is compared to other sports. I'll be honest. I had little interest in the Colts/Bucs game, but I watched a little of it. I completely forgot about the baseball playoffs.
The Colts/Bucs game went up against the Yankees/Tigers (C.C./Verlander game) and dominated it in the ratings.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.