ALDS - Tigers vs Yankees Results

swamprat

I honestly wouldn't put it past Verlander to demand the ball Thursday on 2 days rest if it goes to a game 5. The Tigers are in a great position right now.

It was good to see ARod back to being ARod. Has there ever been a more "unclutch" superstar in postseason history?

LeBron sure did his part this year in the finals. :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GETSLOW, "Hopefully means smack?" We win and advace is not smack, its called Faith. Nova comes back and he is our "Verlander." But, you be a fool not to like the Tigers spot, most teams who win game three advance, they are at home, and we still have Jeter/A-Rod which are over the hill. I'm just hoping. And there is nothing wrong in pulling for your team you have pulled for since 1959/1960.

Yanks missed a good opportunity with Verlander giving up 4 runs. It would have been a big blow for Detroit to lose the game Verlander started. The Yanks already caught a huge break with the game one rainout, allowing the Tigers to pitch their stud only once in a short series. Of course, if the can close it out, it could work out well for them moving forward. Verlander is a beast.

GETSLOW, "Hopefully means smack?" We win and advace is not smack, its called Faith. Nova comes back and he is our "Verlander." But, you be a fool not to like the Tigers spot, most teams who win game three advance, they are at home, and we still have Jeter/A-Rod which are over the hill. I'm just hoping. And there is nothing wrong in pulling for your team you have pulled for since 1959/1960.

I'd never suggest that pulling for your team is wrong. But to me it read as if you were saying that if the Yanks could win today, then Game 5 was a given. It was exactly the thing you were accusing others of doing. When I read "advance" I assumed "advance to the next round." You clearly meant "advance to the next game." In my mind, winning game four wasn't advancing as the Yanks are still in the same place they were before: one game from elimination. It didn't occur to me to think of a series of games as advancing, only advancing between rounds. In that respect, it sounded like smack to me. If I indeed read it wrong, I apologize.

Game 4

Series tied 2-2.

The bats woke up tonight as the Bronx Bombers pounded the Tiger pitching. Yanks 3,4,5,6 hitters had 8 hits in the 8th inning alone! Jeter broke out of it to start the scoring with a 2 run double.

C.Granderson had two of the better catches that I have seen in this one. Those two catches saved at leastn 4 runs imo.

Back to Yankee Stadium/ (the house that Jeter built) on Thursday for game 5.

Pride, Passion and Pinstripes!!!

its not over as of yet. But the Yanks have to hit better with men on base. Our 3 4/5 hitters are killing us. Where as the Tigers in the same spot are producing. A.J. can give us five good innings, then hopefully the bull pen can do its job. We get this one and we advance.

AL, You nailed it with this one. Everything that you mentioned was needed and was delivered tonight! Great points made, people can check this link/stats on game 4 and all you pointed out came through.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_10_04_nyamlb_detmlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=nyy

Smack=faith? :idunno: We lose to their best pitcher 5-4 when ours walks everyone including the venders. They have the edge, we win tonite and Nova comes back, I like our chances. Gets, but you used some adjetives I didn't use. "Given/In the Bag". Not my words.

:thumb::thumb:

A J is not a bad pitcher, "Pitching machine", did very well, we score those runs early and he might have completed the game. In our pitching out look all we need is six stong innings and go to the bull pen. I like our chance with Nova who is our best pitcher, but all these runs we scored needed to be saved for thursday. The Tigers are very good and will not quit. But look at the total runs scored in the series, but its been our bottom of the line up.

A J is not a bad pitcher, "Pitching machine", did very well, we score those runs early and he might have completed the game. In our pitching out look all we need is six stong innings and go to the bull pen. I like our chance with Nova who is our best pitcher, but all these runs we scored needed to be saved for thursday. The Tigers are very good and will not quit. But look at the total runs scored in the series, but its been our bottom of the line up.
I love the Yankees and any fan knows that AJ is a bad pitcher. He cashed in from the Yanks by dominating them while in Toronto. Especially for what he is being paid. Statistically speaking I heard not too long ago for his place in the rotation for the Yankees he was the Yanks worst starting pitcher ever (given the amount of starts he has had). He can have great stuff like he did last night, but he could also put up the worst clunkers of anyone in the majors. I hope he turns it on though and deals like he did last night for the rest of his Yankees career and shuts me up.