ALDS - Tigers vs Yankees Results

swamprat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said earlier I feel like Girardi deserves AL manager of the year given his pitching staff. The Yanks did well to capture the AL's best record but I do not expect much from them in the post-season. When you are scheduling to start Burnett in Game 4 that says all you need to know about their staff.

^ He's not a bad case for MOY. While the other teams had their ups and downs this season, the Yankees just sort of kept winning at their pace. In some years, you could contribute a lot of it to the Yankees' bats, but they had the lowest overall Wins Above Replacement for batters of any of the four AL playoff teams. It was an impressive run of sustained success this year.

The Yankees now have to give the ball to AJ Burnett with their season on the line in Comerica Park. That has to be scary for Yankee fans. I'm in Detroit this week and the downtown was wild for this game. I didn't go in but I drove downtown and it looked like a street party all around the stadium.

Huge game 3 win for the Tigers; I am not too surprised at this.
It really is not that big of a shock. The Yanks ace weighs 380 and has been solid, but nothing great this season. Rumor has it they were down to A.J. Burnett or a pitching machine in Game 4, but the pitching machine would not be ready. So why not send out the human version.

Talking smack and its not over as of yet. But the Yanks have to hit better with men on base. Our 3 4/5 hitters are killing us. Where as the Tigers in the same spot are producing. A.J. can give us five good innings, then hopefully the bull pen can do its job. We get this one and we advance.

Talking smack and its not over as of yet. But the Yanks have to hit better with men on base. Our 3 4/5 hitters are killing us. Where as the Tigers in the same spot are producing. A.J. can give us five good innings, then hopefully the bull pen can do its job. We get this one and we advance.

I honestly wouldn't put it past Verlander to demand the ball Thursday on 2 days rest if it goes to a game 5. The Tigers are in a great position right now.

It was good to see ARod back to being ARod. Has there ever been a more "unclutch" superstar in postseason history?

It was good to see ARod back to being ARod. Has there ever been a more "unclutch" superstar in postseason history?

Speaking of clutch but going the other way, was I the only one who was absolutely convinced that Jeter was going to knock one over the fence when he came up in the 9th?