Russell 27 Owensboro Catholic 14

onetoya

I know what I said, oneijoe. I didn't say the west was "much better."

If he wants to "remind me" of my words or characterize my position, fine ... he just needs to get it right.

"Much better" were my words based on what I got from your post below! I guess I should have just used the word better!

"I won't argue with that premise, although this is the first year in some time that I felt the west side of 2A was better than the east half."

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will Russell lose next year? Who are some of the ones who will step up and compete for spots?

Here's a copy of a post I made on that subject in another thread...I think we'll be ok!!

When you throw #'s out like that, you make it look like we have to replace an entire team & start over & that, by a long shot, is not the case...There are several players returning with substantial experience...In McGlone's system, some who don't start end up playing as much or more than some who do and I'm not talking about cleanup time in the second half of games...Russell has some fine players to replace but that's no different than any other year...The great news is we ALWAYS have people waiting to step up and fill those positions...The beat goes on at Russell...Life went on without Gross & it will certainly go on next year as well...Players will be missed but just look at the players returning who played a lot this year...Kasey Clark rb/db, Jacob Sizemore end/db/p, Josh Wills g/lb, Ethan Gullett c/ol, Toby Hicks t/c, Tyler Jones de/qb/rb, Nick Lewis rb/db, Marcus Frazier db/rb, Aaron Beekman lb/rb, Dwaine Evans k/fg, Jason Dolly k...Those are the ones off the top of my head who played big time minutes this year...There are certainly more who played more limited action but that's 9 core players plus 2 kickers...Remember, most players go both ways at this level so even if some don't, that's an awfully strong nucleus of players to build around...

It looks like we will be reloading again next year!!

Some of the posters said in previous posts that it didn't really matter which team wanted it the most. Well, I sat and watched my son come off of the field Saturday numerous times and get his shoulder iced down for a while and then return to the game. My son, Derek Timberlake was the leading tackler for the season for the Devils. As I watched I could see that each time he came off of the field his treatment was taking longer and longer. After the game I ask him why he wasn't jumping and screaming and hollering like the rest of the team was and his reply was he was in too much pain. Even though he was more than adequately replaced he still wanted to be in there to finish his job. I took him to the E-R the next day and he had separated his shoulder and tore some of the ligaments. So, anyone who says that wanting it doesn't make a difference just ask #59 of the Devils.

Some of the posters said in previous posts that it didn't really matter which team wanted it the most. Well, I sat and watched my son come off of the field Saturday numerous times and get his shoulder iced down for a while and then return to the game. My son, Derek Timberlake was the leading tackler for the season for the Devils. As I watched I could see that each time he came off of the field his treatment was taking longer and longer. After the game I ask him why he wasn't jumping and screaming and hollering like the rest of the team was and his reply was he was in too much pain. Even though he was more than adequately replaced he still wanted to be in there to finish his job. I took him to the E-R the next day and he had separated his shoulder and tore some of the ligaments. So, anyone who says that wanting it doesn't make a difference just ask #59 of the Devils.

It sounds as if you are saying that your son wanted it more than the Aces, you couldn't be further from the truth. Like was said earlier, at this point in the season everyone wanted it the same, so I kind of take offense to the fact that you would say that you all wanted it more than the Aces. That had nothing to do with why you all won. You won because you executed your gameplan better which is what champions do. I hope you don't see this as disrespect to your son because he is great player and deserved to win. Anyway congrats to you and your son and I hope his injury heals 100%.

Great post. These are the things that we don't always here about on here. I hope your son is doing better. I have always enjoyed watching him play. He is one of the hardest hitters on the team. Thanks Derek for staying in the game when it hurt so much. You really made a big difference. Red Devil for life.

Great post. These are the things that we don't always here about on here. I hope your son is doing better. I have always enjoyed watching him play. He is one of the hardest hitters on the team. Thanks Derek for staying in the game when it hurt so much. You really made a big difference. Red Devil for life.

:thumb:

Yea there were a few banged up during the game. Kasey Clark hurt his elbow sometime early in the game and it was swollen pretty bad after the game. #53 Schafer had a swollen knee after the game. Don't know what happened but he was banged up pretty good.

Yea there were a few banged up during the game. Kasey Clark hurt his elbow sometime early in the game and it was swollen pretty bad after the game. #53 Schafer had a swollen knee after the game. Don't know what happened but he was banged up pretty good.

It's part of the game as we all well know. We just don't here about it that much unless the player is unable to play. Dadcat59 was not in my mind trying to say that Russell wanted it more he was just discribing the want and focus of his son to help the team. I would like to here about some of the Aces and thier never give up attitude. Less face it they never gave up.

ACESfan;

As Jeepman said I was not trying to say that our kids wanted it more than anyone else. There were some of the Aces that were banged up and had to be taken from the game, but they were back in later. I was merely saying that some posters didn't think it made a difference. If you ask the injured players on either team they will reiterate what I was saying.