Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Knight: No UK Starters Went to A Single Class in the 2nd Semester in 2010

Featured Replies

The only thing surprising about Knight's apology is that people are surprised that it's an empty one. Bob Knight is a bad human being, period. He was and is a bitter person and he will die a bitter person.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is more like an excuse than an apology. But as others have stated it is the most you can expect out of Knight.

The only thing surprising about Knight's apology is that people are surprised that it's an empty one. Bob Knight is a bad human being, period. He was and is a bitter person and he will die a bitter person.

:thumb:

His apologize was a joke and I don't really have much respect left for him.

 

Is there video of him making that apology or was it a released statement?

Is there video of him making that apology or was it a released statement?

 

No video that I have seen.

The only thing surprising about Knight's apology is that people are surprised that it's an empty one. Bob Knight is a bad human being, period. He was and is a bitter person and he will die a bitter person.

 

 

 

:thumb:

Thats a crap "apology." Where's the "I was wrong. The Kentucky players obviously did attend class and I should not have said otherwise."?
That statement (I won't call it a apology) imo was about as sncere as Knight was going to get. Bob Knight is too arrogant to sincerely aplogize for anything to anyone. Should people remember, Knight didn't apologize for any of the too many to try and count statements/player abuse,etc.. at IU so he certainly is not going to apologize for this.

 

Agree Mobaar. Sounds contrived and I'm sure pressure was put on him to provide the apology.

Maybe but I am not so sure about that. Knight is so arrogant that he is absolutely right about anything. Knight would probably leave espn before being "forced" into an apology.

 

The only thing surprising about Knight's apology is that people are surprised that it's an empty one. Bob Knight is a bad human being, period. He was and is a bitter person and he will die a bitter person.

 

I can agree with you and actually I think it is a shame that a man that has done so much in his carrer, so respected as a basketball coach along with the good things he has done has to be a complete "badonkadonk". Bob Knight has a brilliant basketball mind and no doubt will go down as one of the best basketball coaches in the history of the game. Sadly the first thing that alot of people will think of when his name is mentioned will not be what a great,great coach he was, it will be any one or all of the no class rants hehas been on through the years. A contrast to that is that when the great John Wooden is mentioned all of his wins and unmatched string of Championship may be mentioned after what a good man and class individual he was.

I have said before and Knight will continue to be one of my favorite college b.b. announcers/commentators bc of his knowledge of the game. I love hearing him call a game and I just try to ignore any of the other junk.

Edited by oldrambler

  • Author

The problem with the "apology" is that if you're not aware of the real facts you would hear it as follows: "I was right about them not going to class but I shouldn't have said so."

I agree also. Completely irresponsible statement made by a man who should know better. Last time I saw the poll 35% of America believed Bobby Knight and 10% wasn't sure. I think the damage he has done with that outright lie is deplorable.

 

To be fair, that 35 percent probably felt that way to begin with. Most Americans are highly skeptical of the class attendance habits of high-profile college athletes. The "underwater basket weaving" jokes have been circulating for a long time, and have been applied to dozens upon dozens of college programs.

To be fair, that 35 percent probably felt that way to begin with. Most Americans are highly skeptical of the class attendance habits of high-profile college athletes. The "underwater basket weaving" jokes have been circulating for a long time, and have been applied to dozens upon dozens of college programs.

 

That's a good point. Still, the fact that Knight can run around making slanderous statements and not even have to admit they were entirely unsubstantiated is ridiculous.

Will not watch or listen to any game he is affiliated with.....will turn the channel.....never have and never will....classless act that hurts ratings of ESPN and any other network stupid enough to hire him to do a game......go home Bobby, go straight home and stay for no less than 20 years!!!!!!!

That's a good point. Still, the fact that Knight can run around making slanderous statements and not even have to admit they were entirely unsubstantiated is ridiculous.

 

You gotta admit -- it's typical BK, though. Anybody who ever read "A Season On The Brink" can't be surprised at this.

The problem with the "apology" is that if you're not aware of the real facts you would hear it as follows: "I was right about them not going to class but I shouldn't have said so."

 

:thumb:

Any semblance of an "I'm sorry" from Knight is a surprise, so even though I personally wasn't satisfied with the apology, I'm surprised he issued anything close to one.

Any semblance of an "I'm sorry" from Knight is a surprise, so even though I personally wasn't satisfied with the apology, I'm surprised he issued anything close to one.

 

Pressure from the ESPN boss is all it was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.