Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Knight: No UK Starters Went to A Single Class in the 2nd Semester in 2010

Featured Replies

There's nothing positive you can say about a guy that sits behind a microphone and slanders a certain college basketball program time and time again....have you heard this idiot say anything about any other program.....anyone that would support this guy, I would have to say isn't much of a college basketball fan!!

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You gotta admit -- it's typical BK, though. Anybody who ever read "A Season On The Brink" can't be surprised at this.

 

1st book I ever read when I was a kid and you are exactly right about that.

There's nothing positive you can say about a guy that sits behind a microphone and slanders a certain college basketball program time and time again....have you heard this idiot say anything about any other program.....anyone that would support this guy, I would have to say isn't much of a college basketball fan!!

 

Bob Knight cannot stand Kentucky, simply put. He has hated them since UK knocked his powerhouse 1975 team from the NCAA tournament. It was a big upset, and it sure upset Knight to no end. He can't get past his bitterness with UK. It would choke him to say one good thing about UK. He is biased against UK and will be until the day he dies.

  • Author

UK b-ball had a 2.8 GPA in the fall.

Will not watch or listen to any game he is affiliated with.....will turn the channel.....never have and never will....classless act that hurts ratings of ESPN and any other network stupid enough to hire him to do a game......go home Bobby, go straight home and stay for no less than 20 years!!!!!!!

Quit ignoring the point and tell us how you really feel. :lol::thumb:

There's nothing positive you can say about a guy that sits behind a microphone and slanders a certain college basketball program time and time again....have you heard this idiot say anything about any other program.....anyone that would support this guy, I would have to say isn't much of a college basketball fan!!

 

Then you are going to miss alot of good college basketball games. Also, I like to hear Knights commentary on the game, he probably has forgot more basketball than anyone else on espn knows, and that includes the legend in his mind James Naismith Bilas.

I also hate the way the guy slams U.K. but don't call me one who "isn't much of a college basketball fan" bc I actually like hearing his commentary on the game. That statement sounds a little like Knight doesn't it? Telling some one what to watch/listen to and if they don't watch a game with Knight calling it "not much of a fan" to me anyway sounds like you just may be telling others that they are not fans :irked:, jmo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said earlier, Knight has hated U.K. his entire carrer, especially after Joe B. Hall's Wildcat team started beating him and even more after U.K. beat Knight's 75" I.U.(one that Knight calls his best ever, better than the unbeaten 76' team) team in a regional final and advanced to the final four. Knight never got over it and has blasted U.K, every chance he gets. Actually, in a way when he starts his crap it's really kind of funny to me bc you know that one loss is still eating at him. :D:thumb:

 

I heard a talk with Joe B. once when talking about Knight. Joe B. said that him and Knight were the best of frienfds at one time, would go fishing together alot in the offseason. Then after U.K. started beating him Hall said 'for some reason Bob didn't want to go fishing anymore". I loved it. :lol:

You gotta admit -- it's typical BK, though. Anybody who ever read "A Season On The Brink" can't be surprised at this.

 

:thumb:

Then Oldrambler you can do the listening for yourself and me also....absolutely no respect for this guy who thinks he knows more about the game than any human breathing...always downing coaches for the defensive and offensive approaches to their respective teams....if he is that good, what is he doing behind the mic and not on the floor? Texas Tech was glad to see the guy leave, and I'm sure Hoosier fans were glad to see him hit the door and not any players as he exited Bloomngton....what a joke!!!

Then Oldrambler you can do the listening for yourself and me also....absolutely no respect for this guy who thinks he knows more about the game than any human breathing...always downing coaches for the defensive and offensive approaches to their respective teams....if he is that good, what is he doing behind the mic and not on the floor? Texas Tech was glad to see the guy leave, and I'm sure Hoosier fans were glad to see him hit the door and not any players as he exited Bloomngton....what a joke!!!

 

Nikeman, you and I basically agree that Knight is a pompass jerk who's favorite person on earth is himself. I will tell anyone that. Knight being a lousy person to me doesn't take away from the fact that I like to hear his commentary on the paticuar game thats on. I also don't choose what games that I watch by who the annoncers that are doing that paticular game are, I pick what game/teams I would like to see on that paticular night depending on the game.

I haven't heard him always downing coaches, I have heard him say what he might do in a paticular situation. That isn't saying the other coach is wrong, just his opinion on it. Also, I have heard Knight praise/talk good about alot of coaches as well as teams/programs. Knight cannot stand U.K. and has slammed the Cats on several different occaisions along with Cal. Even on a rare occaision when I heard him say something positive about U.K. coaches...Smith, Pitino (when he was at U.K. and Knight was at I.U.) . I cannot stand him or hearing Knight critisizing U.K. at any chance he gets in any way he can. On a night when U.K. is on and Knight has the game I mute the sound and turn on the radio. I don't turn the channel when other games are on that Knight calls simply bc I haven't heard him slam others like he does U.K.,at least not as much. (btw- I sometimes listen to the radio broadcast on U.K. when some others besides Knight has ben calling it)

 

I have spent way too much time trying to explain my opinion to you and I know that I am not changing your mind, I am not trying to. I just found it kind of ironic that one of the reasons that you say that you dislike Knight is bc he thinks that he knows everything and he puts others down for the way they coach/do things. Isn't that what you are doing? You have said basically the same thing by telling others,including me that "are not much of a college basketball fan" bc I like listening to Knight call a game. Does that mean that you are a better fan than me bc you don't like hearing Knight? nike, in a way you are doin/saying the same thing by telling others that they are not fans.

I won't interfere with your "fabhood" anymore :notworthy:, just don't try to tell me that I am not a fan by who/what games I choose to watch, that is just not the way things work :D:thumb:.

You are getting entirely carried away here with your comments.......relax and catch your breath....not trying to down yours or anyone else on opinions....inhale-exhale!!

You are getting entirely carried away here with your comments.......relax and catch your breath....not trying to down yours or anyone else on opinions....inhale-exhale!!

 

Trust me, I am fine and not carried away with anything. Just answering a post where you specifically singled me out and I called you on it. I a calm and don't need any help/advice on breathing. Thanks for trying though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.