Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Knight: No UK Starters Went to A Single Class in the 2nd Semester in 2010

Featured Replies

I used to respect him a lot as well. Our generation didn't even get to see him when he was at his best, but with comments like this fans of college basketball (especially in the Commonwealth) will not remember Knight for the great things he could get his basketball teams to do. They'll remember him for being...well fill in the blank.

 

I'm glad to see players like Patterson and Cousins stick up for themselves. I'd like to see this catch some media attention on PTI or Around the Horn (didn't watch yesterday, so I didn't know if it did).

 

I saw him when he was "at his best" and still didn't like him. Truth is he did a great job of coaching at IU for the first 20 or so years. Then the game passed him by IMO.

 

My question is: When was BK not a jerk? :idunno: He's always been schizophrenic IMO. One minute he would be personable and even witty and the next he'd be an arrogant twit. He's always been subject to outbursts and yet preach discipline to his teams and lecture othes on it.

 

This latest episode doesn't surprise me in the least. Glad Barnhart and UK are trying to "air it out" for others to see and take notice but it will be brushed under because the man brings ratings. :thumb:

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see someone like Dicky V or Jay Bilas come out and say how ridiculous his comments are.

I'd love to see someone like Dicky V or Jay Bilas come out and say how ridiculous his comments are.

 

I hope it's Dicky V so maybe Knight will choke or throw a chair at him. I actually like Jay Bilas and do not want to see him harmed.

I was getting ready to hammer Jay Williams and he actually responded to me:

 

I'd love to see someone like Dicky V or Jay Bilas come out and say how ridiculous his comments are.
Dicky V is not going to say anything bad about Knight. He is all the time lobbing for someone to make him their head coach.
Dicky V is not going to say anything bad about Knight. He is all the time lobbing for someone to make him their head coach.

 

Oh I know...he'd never come out and speak about this. But I wish he would.

What a maroon.

  • Author
What a maroon.

 

Intentionally or not, that is funny.

  • Author

SportsByBrooks is awaiting comment on this from ESPN.

  • Author

ESPN would seem to have a financial interest in making sure the SEC is not displeased with them.

 

Their response to this will be interesting.

ESPN would seem to have a financial interest in making sure the SEC is not displeased with them.

 

Their response to this will be interesting.

I have watched ESPN last night and all this morning and they have not mentioned one iota about what Knight said. But if it had been something even the least bit negative that Calipari said, they would be all over it like buzzards in a garbage dump.

While I'm sure they went to class and Patterson was an outstanding student, wasn't the team GPA pretty bad for that year? I know Orton was a big problem, but beyond that I seem to remember reading that only two student athletes on the basketball team had above 3.0's last year.

  • Author
While I'm sure they went to class and Patterson was an outstanding student, wasn't the team GPA pretty bad for that year? I know Orton was a big problem, but beyond that I seem to remember reading that only two student athletes on the basketball team had above 3.0's last year.

 

There was a report about the first semester grades being low. 2 were at 3.0 or above. 4 were at 2.0 or below.

 

The only questions I would have about players going to their classes in the 2nd semester , especially once the season ended, would be Orton and Bledsloe. We know Orton left school early so that really leaves Bledsoe as a question mark.

 

Regardless, it's 100% inaccurate on Bobby Knight's part and I bet he knows that.

While I'm sure they went to class and Patterson was an outstanding student, wasn't the team GPA pretty bad for that year? I know Orton was a big problem, but beyond that I seem to remember reading that only two student athletes on the basketball team had above 3.0's last year.

 

Deflect deflect deflect. Orton was the big known issue and he wasn't a starter (or close to it). Knight's statements were flat out wrong. His argument forever has been that one and done players don't have to attend the second semester (which is true), but to say that is what actually happened to every Kentucky player is stupid. Why not talk about Selby at Kansas? I'm pretty sure he's not attending classes and is more current than anything at UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.