Bobby Knight: No UK Starters Went to A Single Class in the 2nd Semester in 2010

Clyde

While I'm sure they went to class and Patterson was an outstanding student, wasn't the team GPA pretty bad for that year? I know Orton was a big problem, but beyond that I seem to remember reading that only two student athletes on the basketball team had above 3.0's last year.

No one is saying they had good grades. That's not the issue. They went to class, (outside of Orton who wasn't a starter anyways) so his comments have zero credibility.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm sure they went to class and Patterson was an outstanding student, wasn't the team GPA pretty bad for that year? I know Orton was a big problem, but beyond that I seem to remember reading that only two student athletes on the basketball team had above 3.0's last year.

HT, you are just like Knight in alot of ways. You both share hatred for Cal and UK and it clouds your judgment about the program. Your comment here is another attempt to slander and has nothing to do with players attending classes. Nothing. Sad.

I saw him when he was "at his best" and still didn't like him. Truth is he did a great job of coaching at IU for the first 20 or so years. Then the game passed him by IMO.

My question is: When was BK not a jerk? :idunno: He's always been schizophrenic IMO. One minute he would be personable and even witty and the next he'd be an arrogant twit. He's always been subject to outbursts and yet preach discipline to his teams and lecture othes on it.

This latest episode doesn't surprise me in the least. Glad Barnhart and UK are trying to "air it out" for others to see and take notice but it will be brushed under because the man brings ratings. :thumb:

I always felt he was bipolar. There's definitely some kind of mental disorder going on with him.

HT, you are just like Knight in alot of ways. You both share hatred for Cal and UK and it clouds your judgment about the program. Your comment here is another attempt to slander and has nothing to do with players attending classes. Nothing. Sad.

What is slanderous about it? I said Patterson was an outstanding student. UK did have some academic problems that year, maybe Knight missed the nail completely because they obviously went to class, but the context of the news attention on their grades is probably what caught his attention and lead to this little tirade of his. If their grades hadn't been speculated in the media for months no one would ever really know what kind of students the team was.

Not to mention take Cal at his word that Wall had all A's and B's and you can deduct that the two above 3.0 were Patetrson and Wall. If that is the case the team grades make Knight look even dumber when 2 of the 5 students that went pro were the best two students on the team.

I respect Bobby Knights knowledge of the game of basketball and I actually like hearing him call a game.Thats where it begins and ends.

Bobby Knight is an egotistical horses patoot, he tries to bully/intimidate anyone that he is talking to that don't fall at his feet. I agree with AL in his statement about U.K. beating his 75' team in a regional final. Knight always said that team was his best. Joe Hall beating him and advancing to the final four that year killed him.

One thing for certain is that Knight doesn't care what anyone thinks, especially U.K. fans. That's probably good bc there are alot of people that can't stand him. :D

There was a report about the first semester grades being low. 2 were at 3.0 or above. 4 were at 2.0 or below.

The only questions I would have about players going to their classes in the 2nd semester , especially once the season ended, would be Orton and Bledsloe. We know Orton left school early so that really leaves Bledsoe as a question mark.

Regardless, it's 100% inaccurate on Bobby Knight's part and I bet he knows that.

Do you think Knight knew that when he made the statement?

I would think if Bledsoe skipped out second semester that it would be reflected in the APR, or whatever that's called.

Seems as though Larry Vaught isn't happy with BK either. :cool:

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/sports/amn-vaughts-views-hypocrite-bob-knight-shows-his-disdain-for-uk-shows-his-ignorance-and-arrogance-one-again-20110419,0,3518313.story

If there is a more arrogant bully and hypocrite than former coach Bobby Knight I would like to know who it might be.

The holier-than-thou Knight — the same Knight who choked a player, threw a chair across the court at an official and got into a fight with a policeman during the Pan-American Games — has once again refused to let facts get in the way of blasting the University of Kentucky basketball program.

Pretty much sums up the majority of opinion on this site. :thumb:

Knight makes apology.......................

“My overall point is that ‘one and dones’ are not healthy for college basketball,” Knight said. “I should not have made it personal to Kentucky and its players and I apologize.”

Thats a crap "apology." Where's the "I was wrong. The Kentucky players obviously did attend class and I should not have said otherwise."?

Thats a crap "apology." Where's the "I was wrong. The Kentucky players obviously did attend class and I should not have said otherwise."?

I agree also. Completely irresponsible statement made by a man who should know better. Last time I saw the poll 35% of America believed Bobby Knight and 10% wasn't sure. I think the damage he has done with that outright lie is deplorable.