Big East

RondoRules

They are also the Biog East tourney Champs as well. Don't forget that also.

I would say 16 regular season games is a better judge of how your conference season went rather than a 5 day tournament.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 games in 5 days and then winning in game 5 is nuts, IMO. I bashed the Big East's performance but that 5 game run may never be duplicated.

UConn had to win 5 games in 5 days for a 3 seed. What seed would that have been had they lost?

I agree and wonder the same thing myself. It was a given that they were going to be in the tournament, but if it had not been for playing as many games as they had in the conference tournament and winning it all, their seeding could have been significantly different. You also bring up a good point about rather or not someone will win this conference tournament the same way in which they did. It is possible, but I don't see it as very likely.

5 games in 5 days and then winning in game 5 is nuts, IMO. I bashed the Big East's performance but that 5 game run may never be duplicated.

UConn had to win 5 games in 5 days for a 3 seed. What seed would that have been had they lost?

Are you saying that UCONN was rewarded for their post season success? Wonder why other teams were not? Strange.

And so is an 8 seed Butler...

I don't get your argument. Butler was 2nd in their conference. UConn was 9th. The 9th place team from a "bad" conference is in the Elite 8 and they're favored to make the Final 4. Not terrible for a bad conference.

Don't even try to use this justification to make the Big East look better. Give me a break

I don't get your argument. Butler was 2nd in their conference. UConn was 9th. The 9th place team from a "bad" conference is in the Elite 8 and they're favored to make the Final 4. Not terrible for a bad conference.

Don't even try to use this justification to make the Big East look better. Give me a break

True or false? The 9th place team from a conference everyone was pounding last weekend is in the Elite 8?

True or false? The 9th place team from a conference everyone was pounding last weekend is in the Elite 8?

True or false? That 9th place team was the conference tourney champ? True or false? The top 5 teams from the conference lost to significantly lower seeded teams?

Ride #9 all you want when your top 5 teams went down to Butler, Florida State, Marquette, Morehead St, and Gonzaga. Real murderer's row there.

Are you saying that UCONN was rewarded for their post season success? Wonder why other teams were not? Strange.

Food for thought ... U Conn is undefeated outside the Big East this season. Yes, their out of conference schedule wasn't a world beater but if they lose another game, it will be their first loss all year to a non Big East team, unless they lose to Marquette in the semi finals.