Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East

Featured Replies

26 regular season/non-conference wins over NCAA field

UConn beat: Texas, Kentucky, Michigan St

West Virginia beat: Purdue, Vandy, Oakland

Syracuse beat: Michigan St, Michigan

St John's beat: Duke

Pitt beat: Texas

Notre Dame beat: Wisconsin, Gonzaga, Georgia

Louisville beat: Butler, UNLV

Cincinnati beat: Xavier

Georgetown beat: Missouri, ODU, Wofford, Utah State, Memphis

Villanova beat: UCLA, Temple, Bucknell, Boston U.

Marquette beat: Bucknell

 

Now we're getting somewhere. Show it for the other leagues and do it per capita :D

  • Replies 234
  • Views 24.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now we're getting somewhere. Show it for the other leagues and do it per capita :D

 

Your turn. I showed what the Big East did... :D

The Big East has not done as well as some thought in the NCAA tournament, but that does not take away from the fact that it was the best confrence in the country. Top to bottom this confrence could wipe the floor with any other confrence and that is coming from a SEC homer. The depth of the BE is unreal and simply because they do not have a Final Four caliber team people want to call them a let down. I think the BE is the example of parody in college basketball that is taking place. Just like in the NCAA tournament one off night in the Big East and you can drop a game you should have won. The talent is that even IMO.

The Big East has not done as well as some thought in the NCAA tournament, but that does not take away from the fact that it was the best confrence in the country. Top to bottom this confrence could wipe the floor with any other confrence and that is coming from a SEC homer. The depth of the BE is unreal and simply because they do not have a Final Four caliber team people want to call them a let down. I think the BE is the example of parody in college basketball that is taking place. Just like in the NCAA tournament one off night in the Big East and you can drop a game you should have won. The talent is that even IMO.

 

I agree that the Big East is very even but I'm not sure an all star team from the Big East would fair very well against an all star team from other big conferences. Plus, I think the top for teams from the other power conferences would compete very well with the top 4 from the Big East.

Florida: Morehead State, Florida State, Xavier, Kansas State

Kentucky: Washington, Notre Dame, Louisville

Tennessee: Belmont (2), VCU, Pittsburgh, Villanova, Memphis

Georgia: UAB

Vanderbilt: North Carolina, Belmont, Marquette

 

That's 17 wins from the 5 SEC schools over the NCAA field....26 from 11 teams for the BEast, 17 from 5 teams from the SEC...

Your turn. I showed what the Big East did... :D

 

Big East - 26 total, 1.625 per team

Big 10 - 18 total, 1.5 per team

Big 12

 

Kansas: USC, Michigan, Arizona, UCLA, Memphis

Texas: Illinois, North Carolina, Michigan State

Missouri: Vanderbilt, Old Dominion, Illinois

Texas A&M: Temple, Washington

Kansas State: Gonzaga

 

14 from the 5 Big 12 teams that made the field...

While we can all agree that the hype is more than reality what conference would we say is better?

Big East - 26 total, 1.625 per team

Big 10 - 18 total, 1.5 per team

 

Would you want to ave. it based on # of teams that made the field and had "said" wins?

 

If so would that then make it:

 

Big East = 2.36 per entry

Big 10 = 2.57 per entry

SEC = 3.4 per entry

 

and so on? Since we are only counting the wins in OOC for the entrants?

Would you want to ave. it based on # of teams that made the field and had "said" wins?

 

If so would that then make it:

 

Big East = 2.36 per entry

Big 10 = 2.57 per entry

SEC = 3.4 per entry

 

and so on? Since we are only counting the wins in OOC for the entrants?

 

I was basing it on the total conference wins over other conference NCAA tourney teams. Just depends on how you want to look at it. I think when you look at it both ways, you get what everyone seems to be agreeing on. The Big East is solid top to bottom (most wins looking at all teams), but they're not the best at the top (not great # among teams that made the dance).

I was basing it on the total conference wins over other conference NCAA tourney teams. Just depends on how you want to look at it. I think when you look at it both ways, you get what everyone seems to be agreeing on. The Big East is solid top to bottom (most wins looking at all teams), but they're not the best at the top (not great # among teams that made the dance).

 

I understand I just thought the lists I saw only listed the teams that "Got In" so the average should be based on that sampling rather than the whole conference. (Unless you put their OOC wins in as well) :thumb:

I understand I just thought the lists I saw only listed the teams that "Got In" so the average should be based on that sampling rather than the whole conference. (Unless you put their OOC wins in as well) :thumb:

 

I was assuming the non listed teams didn't have any wins over tourney teams. When I counted the Big10 wins, I counted everybody.

GT has left the building.

 

Are you going to come over and take care of my 8 month old so I can get online more frequently? :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.