Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nike Hoops Summit 2011

Featured Replies

Thank you for asking the question, C3! Because I Love SPORTSGUY's answer! What a great adventure!

 

:thumb: And "C3" sounds good, I never thought of that. If you guys want to ask me something, I'm C3 now. That sounds like my boy CP3 :D.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If all star games don't showcase point guards, who exactly are they designed to make look good??? :idunno:

 

:idunno:

I thought Teague looked pretty good especially in the second half...he is quick on quick and had a nice behind the back dish to Davis for a dunk.

 

I can see why people rave about Gilchrist. Just plays hard all the time, and does everything really well, and plays defense. It will be interesting to see if Cal and the staff rework his shooting form. Not the prettiest thing.

 

Davis is going to be fun to watch. I have seen some compare him to Henson from UNC, but Davis is far more skilled than Henson.

 

Wiltjer struggled but will be a nice fit and a four year player to boot.

 

The kid from Congo has a nice future ahead of him.

 

Brad Beal is a really nice player. Will be interesting to see how Billy D fits him into the offense with 2 guards who have not met shots they didn't like in Walker and Boynton.

 

I know everyone raves about Rivers, and he tossed in 20, but didnt have an assist or a single rebound and when you see them huddle up or shots of the bench it seems as if he is kind of a loner, you don't see him conversing a lot with teammates or cutting up with teammates.

There are others here who have seen Rivers more than I but is my perception of him wrong?

I know everyone raves about Rivers, and he tossed in 20, but didnt have an assist or a single rebound and when you see them huddle up or shots of the bench it seems as if he is kind of a loner, you don't see him conversing a lot with teammates or cutting up with teammates.

There are others here who have seen Rivers more than I but is my perception of him wrong?

 

I'd say that's fair, but also a lot thought the same about Knight a year ago as well. Hopefully Rivers can work through it as well as Knight did because his talent level is off the charts...

I'd say that's fair, but also a lot thought the same about Knight a year ago as well. Hopefully Rivers can work through it as well as Knight did because his talent level is off the charts...

 

I think it has a lot to do with both of their work ethics. Don't get me wrong all of those guys put in a lot of work to try to get themselves ready but Knight and Rivers' passion are both second to none at that level. They are like young versions of Jordan and Kobe when it comes to getting in the gym and going to work, so much focus in their games. They both want to be the best and they have drive thats on a much higher ceiling than a lot of the other guys. So as much as I would love to hate on Rivers, theres no way I will ever be able to do it. Kid could have grew up gliding through and feeling entitled but he goes out like hes got something to prove every time he gets on the floor. So I don't think its just a bad attitude to any of the other guys its just when he goes out to compete hes on another wavelength.

Channel finally started working for me... About time.

 

Well mine never did...I missed it.:madman: Anyone know of it being shown again??? I really was looking forward to watching it.

Article by J Demling:

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/04/10/rivers-named-mvp-usa-team-wins/

 

Duke signee Austin Rivers scored 20 points and was named MVP as the U.S. Junior National Select Team downed the World Team 92-80 late Saturday night in the Nike Hoop Summit at Portland, Ore.

 

Kentucky signee Anthony Davis added 16 points and 10 rebounds for the U.S. team, while another UK signee - Michael Gilchrist - added 16 points, five rebounds and five blocked shots.

UK signee Marquis Teague of Indianapolis Pike was just 3 of 10 from the field for six points, three assists and two turnovers in 22 minutes.

 

The World team was led by Bismack Biyombo of Congo recorded the first triple-double ever in the Nike Hoop Summit with 12 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocked shots.

 

UK signee Kyle Wiltjer had 12 points for the World team.

12 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocks? IS Biyombo a young Dikembe Mutombo?

  • Author

That would be FSN, I am guessing due to the broadcasting rights they stopped FIBA from allowing people from the US to view the game.

 

Thanks FIBA... :irked:

 

 

GeoBlockedImage.gif

If all star games don't showcase point guards, who exactly are they designed to make look good??? :idunno:

 

Yeah, that was definately a quote I rethought later. Teague hasn't really seemed impressive in either game. I don't know if the all star games don't fit his style of play or what but he seems like an after thought out there. I don't doubt his talent. Just not seen much of him in these two games.

I'm still torn on Rivers. He's a great player but I dont' know how much I like him. GT how much better do you think he could he get? Is it possible that he has already peaked or come close to it? He has as complete a package of offensive moves as I think I've seen for a high schooler, but my thing is if he's already that developed and hardly anyone else is in this class, where is his ceiling?

 

I think he'll be a phenom in college, but I still don't want him with my NBA draft pick (If I'm a GM). Granted I'm no scout or GM, I've seen him play only a handful of times & in video, and Coach K will probably help his game out tremendiously, he could prove me wrong. What are your thought Gametime?

Yeah, that was definately a quote I rethought later. Teague hasn't really seemed impressive in either game. I don't know if the all star games don't fit his style of play or what but he seems like an after thought out there. I don't doubt his talent. Just not seen much of him in these two games.

 

Well to be honest I was underwhelmed by Wall in the JBC, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Knight in their all-star games. I remember DRose not doing much either in the McD's game I'm almost certain. It's an all-star game I wouldn't read too much into what anyone does in it. JMO

Davis or Gilchrist should have been MVP. Rivers is all about Rivers. Not one assist in the game. He seems to me like a 'me' player, but maybe Coach K can make him a more complete player.

Davis or Gilchrist should have been MVP. Rivers is all about Rivers. Not one assist in the game. He seems to me like a 'me' player, but maybe Coach K can make him a more complete player.

 

Plus he scored 8 points late. It seemed to me that he was aware that his numbers were down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.