Nike Hoops Summit 2011

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official World Team Roster for the Nike Hoops Summit - April 9. However, Nenad Miljenovic's club team in Serbia is trying to prevent him from attending.

C Przemek Karnowski 7'1 Poland

C Lucas Riva Nogueira 6'11 Brazil

PF Kyle Wiltjer 6'9 Canada (college) Kentucky

PF Bismack Biyombo 6'9 Congo

SF Dario Saric 6'8 Croatia

SG Evan Fournier 6'6 France

SG Mateusz Ponitka 6'5 Poland

PG Nenad Miljenovic 6'5 Serbia

PG Myck Kabongo 6'2 Canada (college) Texas

PG Kevin Pangos 6'1 Canada (college) Gonzaga

Okay, here is the FINAL international roster, I THINK! There is still an issue with Biyombo, his club team told him if he goes to the Hoops Summit he will not play with the team anymore! As I mentioned before about Nenad Miljenovic, his club team was trying to prevent him from going, and it worked, but Miljenovic turns 18 next Friday, and his club is in for a surprise soon after!

We all see how some of these clubs in Europe operate from the Kanter situation, I really wish FIBA would try to do more to prevent this! Biyombo even has it in his contract that if selected he can go, now the club wants to back out? The kid knows they are just threats and I'm told he isn't worried, as he knows he will get more in the long run by coming over, and if his club does cut him, he will be better off! Miljenovic is like most kids from Europe in this situation, the club threatens if the kid comes over before their "agreement" is up (before they turn 18), that the club will go to the country's basketball federation and lobby for them to prohibit the kid from being able to play on their national teams for so many years. With Miljenovic the club is also upset that he did not sign a "pre-contract agreement", that is used (if signed) so if the kid does not sign a contract with the clubs pro team when they turn 18, they will go to their basketball federation and lobby to punish the kid as well. Miljenovic has other plans, that will be out as soon as next weekend, and it doesn't involve his club team, FMP.

Added to the list above, minus Miljenovic:

G/F Guo Ailun 6'4 China

F Davis Bertans 6'7 Latvia

No Enes? I thought Enes was supposed to play again?
He did get an invitation, but the word I got is Cal advised him against it. Since Enes hasn't really played in a real game in about a year, Cal thought it could possibly hurt his draft, as people remember what he did at last years Hoops Summit, if he plays and hasn't progressed it could hurt him. Just what I was told.

Official World Team Roster for the Nike Hoops Summit - April 9. However, Nenad Miljenovic's club team in Serbia is trying to prevent him from attending.

C Przemek Karnowski 7'1 Poland

C Lucas Riva Nogueira 6'11 Brazil

PF Kyle Wiltjer 6'9 Canada (college) Kentucky

PF Bismack Biyombo 6'9 Congo

SF Dario Saric 6'8 Croatia

SG Evan Fournier 6'6 France

SG Mateusz Ponitka 6'5 Poland

PG Nenad Miljenovic 6'5 Serbia

PG Myck Kabongo 6'2 Canada (college) Texas

PG Kevin Pangos 6'1 Canada (college) Gonzaga

Basically told his French team to shove it! Will be in Portland tonight.

Basically told his French team to shove it! Will be in Portland tonight.
He just declared for the draft, so much for the threat from his club team as now they may lose him. If he is a first rounder he will stay in, I say he will go in the middle of the first round. 6'8" with a 7'7" wing span.

He did get an invitation, but the word I got is Cal advised him against it. Since Enes hasn't really played in a real game in about a year, Cal thought it could possibly hurt his draft, as people remember what he did at last years Hoops Summit, if he plays and hasn't progressed it could hurt him. Just what I was told.

Makes sense to me.

He just declared for the draft, so much for the threat from his club team as now they may lose him. If he is a first rounder he will stay in, I say he will go in the middle of the first round. 6'8" with a 7'7" wing span.

He needed to go. I have a feeling this draft will be kind to many of the foreign players. With such a weak class overall and with so many underclassmen looking at coming back we will more than likely have flashbacks circa 2002 with an influx of a lot of international players being drafted.

He needed to go. I have a feeling this draft will be kind to many of the foreign players. With such a weak class overall and with so many underclassmen looking at coming back we will more than likely have flashbacks circa 2002 with an influx of a lot of international players being drafted.
I am hearing this.

I am hearing this.

I know your around the international circuit more than any on this board but the big names I could see drafted if declared are, Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas, Dontas Motiejunas, Jan Vesley, Lucas Noguiera, Biyombo, Nikola Vucevic, Giorgi Shermadini, Augusto Lima, Dejean Musli. You may obviously know some more, but if these guys all declare I could see them potentially being drafted in the first round with this draft class. Compared to the last few years that is a lot of Euros and much like the drafts in the early 2000's.

I know your around the international circuit more than any on this board but the big names I could see drafted if declared are, Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas, Dontas Motiejunas, Jan Vesley, Lucas Noguiera, Biyombo, Nikola Vucevic, Giorgi Shermadini, Augusto Lima, Dejean Musli. You may obviously know some more, but if these guys all declare I could see them potentially being drafted in the first round with this draft class. Compared to the last few years that is a lot of Euros and much like the drafts in the early 2000's.
That's about right, I was hearing possibly 10 in the first round. I'll have to check with my Serbian connections to see about Musli, last I heard he may stay in Europe as a pro for another year, but that was a couple of months ago. He actually played on the same club team, FMP, as Miljenovic, and they recently refused to let him go to the Hoops Summit as they don't want him to get all the international attention and get offers from colleges and others. After last years game Musli had a lot of offers, and went pro in Spain, it's great exposure but if you get a club like Fenerbahce, FMP or Biyombo's club, who are kinda harsh to deal with, after they lose one becuase of the Hoops Summit they will try and stand in the way of others, instead of using it as publicity for their club that their players make it to the U.S. and the NBA.

But, Miljenovic who turns 18 this Friday, is free from his agreement with his club, and can go to any other club even in Serbia begining about two weeks later. He is looking to come to the US to go to school.

But, Miljenovic who turns 18 this Friday, is free from his agreement with his club, and can go to any other club even in Serbia begining about two weeks later. He is looking to come to the US to go to school.

What schools are giving Miljenovic the most attention?

What schools are giving Miljenovic the most attention?
There are a couple a club teams in Europe that have made contact with him, from when FMP played at the the inquiring club with their junior team (senior teams are the pros), since any mail or message sent to FMP goes into the trash this was the only way to get in contact with him. He came over the US a couple of years ago for the Jordan Brand Classic in NYC, and the next event that those in the US got a good look was last summer during the FIBA u17 World Championships. But, most colleges don't know he will be available, but they are slowing seeing he is, a lot more will follow, as they find his "people" or the "people" talk to the the colleges, So, a lot of colleges will wait and see what happens, he will have a Facebook page soon with all the information on it, hoping colleges will see it, and get a hold of his American contact. He is a very smart kid both on and off the court, so places like Duke have shown some interests, but he is interested in finishing high school in the US next fall, so he will have about a year to decide, as he will wait until next spring to pick a college.

^ Best thing he could do would be to come over and go to an American high school and graduate. Well unless of course he gets the Enes treatment, but as long as he shakes out and there are no amateurism issues coming to school next year in the US should be top priority. If he can get over in enough time to finish the AAU circuit with someone that would also be a big help.

^ Best thing he could do would be to come over and go to an American high school and graduate. Well unless of course he gets the Enes treatment, but as long as he shakes out and there are no amateurism issues coming to school next year in the US should be top priority. If he can get over in enough time to finish the AAU circuit with someone that would also be a big help.
No issues with him at all, I mentioend some of what was going on with him in other posts in this thread. Both of his parents went to college and they are doing well for a Serbian family, and they would prefer he goes to college.

He will not get over here until mid August as he will be playing on his national team for the European Championships in July, I really like how the kids over there are so involved with playing for their national teams! It's HUGE over there! So he will not miss that at all, but he will get his share of offers. More will come out about him soon.